Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a Red 2004 with 49,000 miles. The only thing the truck has is a big air JLT, canned SCT tuner and a Borla catback. I'm not sure what I'll do with it just yet? After 2 Lightning's and 1 HD I had to have another one after a 6yr absence. I did put some mild mods on my old Black one. 2.3 Whipple, 13#, magnaflow catback, 60# injectors, sct2400, etc... On street Nittos and 93oct it ran 12.31 @111.9. Pretty Fun! Anyway, it's good to be back in one!

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
Very nice!....welcome back!:bigtu

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Just out of curiosity, is NLOC pretty much done? There seems to be way more activity here?

·
Bet you were born naked, you SLUT!
909 Posts
Nice!!!!

·
Stock block 11 second club
10,556 Posts
Nice ride, welcome back to the brotherhood :bigtu. Add you love affair with this platform to the Repeat Offender thread.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ha. Yea we conversed back around 07 when we hadn't had the Whipple's for very long. From what I remember anyway. My username was REDSVT04 on NLOC

·
Stock block 11 second club
10,556 Posts
Ha. Yea we conversed back around 07 when we hadn't had the Whipple's for very long. From what I remember anyway. My username was REDSVT04 on NLOC
That's very possible, I was on NLOC, SVTP and LR frequently back then... even some smaller forums that never too off such as ThirdCoastLightnings, and SVTEnthusiasts. I would have been new to the Whipple game at that time and even managed to sell my truck and buy it back again since our last chat. Ever platform has a odd appeal to a select few who can't get enough. At least we're not drawn to something lame like Fiat.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree...The Lightning's may not be the fastest thing on the road, but hard to beat with the effortless off idle torque, which makes them a really good, fun driving vehicle. Imo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes it is. Question? What is the stock timing? I don't recall? I'm seeing 18-19 with this canned SCT tune, stock boost. My old notes show 13-14 deg with the Whipple @ 13#.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts