Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i've been doing some debating. my deal is, that my truck's gas milage is putting a huge hole in my pocket....at $2.00+ a gallon, and getting 12 mi/gal, i'm running out of money. i want to keep the lightning, but the gas milage is killing me, and when i leave for the summer, i know it'll be worse in places other than MS.

so what can i do about it? i'm thinking about getting a chip, or a dyno tune to maybe compensate for the gas milage. is there any way to get to 17 mi/gal in these trucks? right now, i'm right at 12 mi gallon. if not, i may have to get rid of it :sad:......but i'll still be in the family, i'll most likely get an 03 cobra, or a 96-98 mystic.

what are your thoughts on what i can do?

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
SlowSVT95 said:
Move to NJ, I get 94 for 1.89.  Oops that was supposed to be between Sunoco and I.   [smilie=ughug.gif]
You guys are soooooooooo lucky, not only did they take 94 away form us last yr in NY,
but 93 Ultra is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than you pay for 94 ($%#(@#$)@[email protected]$^@

Chiz, once a Lightning Bro, ALWAYS A LIGHTNING BRO
But I hope you don't have to get rid of it, for $20.00 or $30.00 gas diff a week, it would be a shame :sad:
I would imagine the Tuners can make you a low performance higher gas milage tune if desired.....

Why not try popping the S/C belt off a while and seeing how the mpg are ?
Only takes a second to do, may be worth trying.
Just pop it on for the weekend, and off for the week days [smilie=fingersx.gif]

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm thinking i may try to get it dyno tuned near by and see what happens. if it improves, i'll more than gladly keep it....just something about a bigass truck leaving the line like a raped monkey and seeing the driver beside you like [smilie=eek4.gif]

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
CHIZ said:
i'm thinking i may try to get it dyno tuned near by and see what happens.  if it improves, i'll more than gladly keep it....just something about a bigass truck leaving the line like a raped monkey and seeing the driver beside you like  [smilie=eek4.gif]
[smilie=werd.gif]

The $40 fill ups are justified everytime I turn the key forward and start the L up :D

I could prolly get an SVT FOCUS for gas mileage, but I dunno... Maybe I could follow in Don's Bolt foot teps and have two silver SVTs hehehe, if only money grew on trees lol :D

But you gotta admit Don's SVT Focus is sweeeet :D

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Chris said:
............. if only money grew on trees lol :D
Come on Chris, what are you living in a Dream World
OR SOMETHING ???
Money growing on Tree's  [smilie=omgrofl.gif]

GET WITH THE NEW MILLENNIUM
THAT SCHITT GROWS ON PLASTIC NOW  [smilie=wavey.gif] [smilie=omgrofl.gif]

·
Registered
261 Posts
I spoke to Don's Bolt and he said he gets 17mpg with a JDM tune and can make a 10 second pass. You may want to contact him for more advice.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Driving like a semi-reasonable person I can get 16mpg in my L, when it was stock it was 16mpg, and lightly modded was also 16mpg.
But, most of the time I get about 10-12mpg when I am ENJOYING the Lightning for what it was meant for :D

·
Registered
648 Posts
Don't ever sell the "L" just for gas prices, Get a second job!. I payed as high as $2.69 in so cal and now it about $2.37. I just think you will be sorry if you sell it. There isn't anything else on this planet that can give me more joy, other than Pamela Anderson

·
Registered
270 Posts
gas here is 2.30 a gallon it takes 50 for me to fill up

1 - 13 of 13 Posts