Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 5763 model fuel pressure gauge about a year ago off of fleabay and was hoping maybe someone might have a copy of the install instructions?

I plan on doing my engine compartment setup like this:
http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21862&highlight=gauge (unless someone has a better idea).

Would like to know where you ran the white and black wires for the gauge, and also where the red and black wires (spade connectors) should be ran for the fuel pressure harness. Also, as it sets in the box, my gauge needle is at 100. Is that correct, instead of pointing at 0?

:bigtu

·
Boostaholic
5,129 Posts
Hey Jeff the needle will stay where it last read until it has power and sees something different so don't worry about that.

Now do you have the older style gauge with the little box looking thing that the wires connect to or do you have the newer style with the harness that just plugs into the sender? I have the newer style and if you search my old posts there should be one I made for crewsy showing exactly how I remote mounted mine and what parts I used and there are plenty o pics. I can try to get a link when I get home from work if you can't find it. If you have the older style I'm sure the thread will still help you but it will be a little different of course.

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got the newer style gauge that has the gray/purple/black wires that plug into the sensor/sending unit coupler.

I was searching and found that thread you had. I just have to find a spot to get power for the unit. I've got an add-a-fuse that I used for my wideband on fuse #30.

·
Boostaholic
5,129 Posts
I have an add a fuse on my radio fuse and one on the washer pump fuse that way if anything happens its piggy backed on unimportant fuses. I did an add a fuse on the 30amp PATS fuse and had all sorts of problems. Let me know if you have any other ?s or need pics of anything or fuse numbers.

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Matt. :smt023

1 - 5 of 5 Posts