Poor So-So Pretty Good Good Excellent
  • Poor
  • So-So
  • Pretty Good
  • Good
  • Excellent
5 Ratings 5 Ratings

Just the Facts:
  • Ford Performance Vehicles launches its most powerful GT ever.
  • The new GT pumps 449 horsepower from its supercharged 5.0-liter V8.
  • FPV GT will start at the equivalent of $69,970.
MELBOURNE, Australia — Ford Performance Vehicles (FPV) has launched the most powerful GT in the history of Ford's most famous Australian model, powered by FPV's high-tech, all-new, supercharged 5.0-liter V8 engine.
It produces 449 horsepower and 420 pound-feet of torque and is standard across the GT, GT-P and GT E models, making it the most powerful of the local "super" cars and comparing extremely favorably with the best Mercedes and BMW have to offer, for a lot fewer dollars.
The new GT and GT-P sport distinctive body graphics and stripes and "Boss 335" identification, reminiscent of the famous 1970 Boss Mustang. The luxury GT E model retains its low-profile look without stripes.
"The new engine is amazing, its all-round performance frankly sets a benchmark for Australian-made cars, and the exciting thing is that it has been developed here, for our cars," FPV General Manager Rod Barrett said.
Developed locally by Prodrive in a nearly $40 million program, the new GT engine is based on the "Coyote" Ford V8 first introduced in the U.S. Ford Mustang earlier this year.
It's a sophisticated all-aluminum design with double overhead cams and 32 valves configuration and is individually hand-built for each car, fully EuroIV compliant and offers improved fuel efficiency.
The new GT will cost the equivalent of $69,970, the GT-P is $79,490 and the GT E is $79,940. A six-speed automatic transmission is a no-cost option on the GT and GT-P, while the GT E is available in auto only.
Inside Line says: Hot new choice for the enthusiastic muscle-car market Down Under. — Mike Jarvis, Correspondent

·
The Blue Bandit
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Australia's Ford Performance Vehicles Rolls Out Supercharged GT

Published Oct 12, 2010

• Poor
  • So-So
  • Pretty Good
  • Good
  • Excellent
5 Ratings 5 Ratings

Just the Facts:
  • Ford Performance Vehicles launches its most powerful GT ever.
  • The new GT pumps 449 horsepower from its supercharged 5.0-liter V8.
  • FPV GT will start at the equivalent of $69,970.
MELBOURNE, Australia — Ford Performance Vehicles (FPV) has launched the most powerful GT in the history of Ford's most famous Australian model, powered by FPV's high-tech, all-new, supercharged 5.0-liter V8 engine.
It produces 449 horsepower and 420 pound-feet of torque and is standard across the GT, GT-P and GT E models, making it the most powerful of the local "super" cars and comparing extremely favorably with the best Mercedes and BMW have to offer, for a lot fewer dollars.
The new GT and GT-P sport distinctive body graphics and stripes and "Boss 335" identification, reminiscent of the famous 1970 Boss Mustang. The luxury GT E model retains its low-profile look without stripes.
"The new engine is amazing, its all-round performance frankly sets a benchmark for Australian-made cars, and the exciting thing is that it has been developed here, for our cars," FPV General Manager Rod Barrett said.
Developed locally by Prodrive in a nearly $40 million program, the new GT engine is based on the "Coyote" Ford V8 first introduced in the U.S. Ford Mustang earlier this year.
It's a sophisticated all-aluminum design with double overhead cams and 32 valves configuration and is individually hand-built for each car, fully EuroIV compliant and offers improved fuel efficiency.
The new GT will cost the equivalent of $69,970, the GT-P is $79,490 and the GT E is $79,940. A six-speed automatic transmission is a no-cost option on the GT and GT-P, while the GT E is available in auto only.
Inside Line says: Hot new choice for the enthusiastic muscle-car market Down Under. — Mike Jarvis, Correspondent
FPV GT Picture

• ShareShare
  • RSSRSS
  • PrintPrint

Photo
  • Poor
  • So-So
  • Pretty Good
  • Good
  • Excellent
0 Ratings 0 Ratings
| 0 Comments

• > > > > > > > > >
    FPV GT Picture
    It's the most powerful GT ever from Ford Performance Vehicles, making 449 horsepower from the supercharged 5.0-liter V8. | October 12, 2010 | Ford Motor Company
Photo Gallery Search
See All Photo Galleries »
Select MakeAcreaAcuraAixam-MegaAlfa RomeoApteraArielAston MartinAudiBentleyBertoneBMWBrillianceBRPBugattiBuickBYDCadillacCampagnaCaparoCaterhamChang'anChangfengChatenetCheryChevroletChryslerCitroenDaciaDaewooDaihatsuDeLoreanDevonDodgeDongfengDuesenbergElfinF&MFarbioFAWFerrariFiatFiskerFordGeelyGiugiaroGMCGreat WallGumpertHarley-DavidsonHennesseyHoldenHondaHummerHyundaiInfinitiIsuzuJaguarJeepJianghuaiKiaKoenigseggKTMLadaLamborghiniLanciaLand RoverLandwindLexusLifanLincolnLotusMagnaMahindraMansoryMaseratiMastrettaMaybachMazdaMcLarenMDIMercedes-BenzMercuryMillenMiniMitsubishiMorganNissanNobleOldsmobileOpelPanozParagonPeranaPeugeotPininfarinaPlymouthPontiacPorscheRamRenaultRinspeedRoeweRolls-RoyceRufSaabSAICSaleenSamsungSaturnSbarroScionSeatSecmaSkodaSmartSoueastSpykerSsangYongSubaruSuzukiSVSTataTeslaToyotaTVRVauxhallVenturiVeritasVolkswagenVolvoWebastoWestfieldWiesmannYamahaYESYugo Select Model Find

·
YOLO
14,227 Posts
I was expecting this to be mustang related.

Still though a new supercharged 5.0 only putting out 449 hp is weak. The Boss motor is going to put out 440 hp N/A. And my god look at that price tag and theres nearly a 1:1 exchange rate so what they pay is close to what you would pay!!!! Fck that Ill buy a CTS-V for cheaper than that and have 60 more hp and more refinement or if I was feeling really froggy a C6Zo6 for less money.

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
The CTS-V is THE way to go if you want a badass supercharged V8 and luxury. God I want that car.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I was expecting this to be mustang related.

Still though a new supercharged 5.0 only putting out 449 hp is weak. The Boss motor is going to put out 440 hp N/A. And my god look at that price tag and theres nearly a 1:1 exchange rate so what they pay is close to what you would pay!!!! Fck that Ill buy a CTS-V for cheaper than that and have 60 more hp and more refinement or if I was feeling really froggy a C6Zo6 for less money.
LOL Good points. 449 for a S/C V8 Ausie car is LAME, but I wonder how responsive it is to Mods :) Cost is high, then don't forget to add about 5-8K in shipping charges.:shocked003
If $$ was no object I'd have it just for the uniqueness of it here in the States

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
11 Participants
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing