Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Bud,

I read on another site about the Magnum blowers and the guy from Magnum said that 50lb injectors were only good for 520hp or so.. :-?

Could you please tell him that I'm pretty sure I am well above that number(even though I havent been on the dyno lately) and I run the 50's. Matter of fact, I got alot more headroom to work those 50's from my datalog of my 10.59 run.

I just wanted to make sure people got the right info. However, I have had great experience with 60's (driveability and power) so I may be stepping up to them over the winter.

Hows the new tune working and when are you headed down here? It would be good to see you.

:smt023 :smt023

[email protected]

·
Registered
734 Posts
Thanks for the info JJ, here is his e-mail addy shoot him an e-mail he would love to hear from you.
[email protected]

I'm waitting a little longer to get my truck put back together. I worked out a deal on a set of long tubes so all I need is a set of cams and I'm ready for the season.

JJ, I am planning a stroker set up this year also, I have requested sponsorship from my plant for a gt block. However, I will run what I got until I get my stroker built then it's on. As far as getting out there, I have to wait to get my engine put back together then I'm head out there to the east cost. Hope to visit Eric, you, Sal, Jdm, & JLP if the good Lord is willing.

Peace,

Suavy

G

·
Oh arguing isn't welcome here? :shock: I'm sure this place will last then. On the contrary, i'm sure it's you, as usual that won't last.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Ryan, I didn't take it that way. I know JJ and some times he is misunderstood.
It's ok to respond in opposition if you have experienced some thing different than others. I know I have stood my ground in more than one occasion.

Although, I'm sure you have your reasons to feel the way you do and are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Peace,

Suavy

G

·
Suavy,
I apologize for intruding on the thread, but I am a little sick of JJ arguing about stuff on different forums because he cant post.

·
Registered
8,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ryan Allen said:
Suavy,
I apologize for intruding on the thread, but I am a little sick of JJ arguing about stuff on different forums because he cant post.
First off, I'm not arguing about anything, just trying to clear the air and give my opinion and experiences to those that may read the other forums and come away confused. I try to give my opinions and experiences in an attempt to help others understand. I dont consider it arguing, but I guess you do.

Also, There are a total of two sites I dont post on(or am not allowed to) one is F150, which I was banned from 3 years ago and the other is NLOC where I was an SV and resigned my membership there. I am still active or a supporter on Modfords, SVT Perf, Racersden, FLASVT, among others.

You followed me around on Modfords with the same attitude you show towards me here, so much so that they removed you as a moderator and I think you got banned right?(correct me if I am wrong) Please dont do that here, dont follow my every post with an instigating, argumentative statement. I would rather have intelligent, mature and educated banter with fellow enthusiasts that have a true love for their vehicles. If you keep it up, I'll just put you on my ignore list.

[email protected]

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think thats very good info. Its nice to know how far people are stretching components. Also, any info on why you can do it, and others may not be able to, would be benificial. On the other hand...I can see how the post might be taken the wrong way. I say, lets just not get bent out of shape at every post that "could" be offensive!

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Good point Whip! This is the internet and it is sometimes hard to interpret the emotion or sentiment behind a post since we can't exhibit emotion behind the words we are typing... well emoticons would come into play, but you guys know what I mean.

Ryan Allen, I am glad you are on LR and I see that you are a moderator on modular fords, you and everyone over at MF or from any board for that matter are welcomed here. Since you are a moderator at MF I'm sure you know that sometimes things have to be taken lightly since on a public forum there are many different personalites to deal with :)

All in all here is common fact, many people on the net or in real life will get along whereas some others won't, as long as the people that are against each other respect each other and remain civil -- live and let live-- the scales should remain balanced.

Welcome to the site Ryan and JJ  :)

-Chris

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Whip said:
I think thats very good info..... 
...  I say, lets just not get bent out of shape at every post that "could" be offensive!
I agree Whip, we HAVE NOT had to move, edit, or delete one single post here "yet",  I'm sure that day will come, but so far so good, and I don't want it to start now, bottom line is we have a great family here .

As for JJ, he's been welcomed here with open arms, (LIKE EVERYONE HERE IS) has been very helpful, has been trouble free, and has helped make this place informative and fun.
AMOF he has also personally helped me, in more than one ocassion here so far.

Now this post here REALLY interest me because I myself now have a Magnum Powers S/C, and I myself also JUST bought 50lb injectors, and I have a chart showing they are good for A HELL OF A LOT more HP that stated above ( 520HP).

I have the chart at home, and will post it later, but if I remember correctly it's at least 620 HP (maybe more).

JJ, Ryan, EVERYONE is welcome here, and we all know there will be PLENTY of times we all won't agree, but Ryan I got to say it seems like JJ simply started a post (in which I am very interested in) asking for Charles of Magnum to comment on the 50lb injectors, (btw Charles is also a member here) and I see no reason to see this as something more than that. And quite frankly now I'm really interested in hearing Charles's take on the 50's. ???

·
Registered
734 Posts
IMHO, I believe, Charles was just veering on the side of safety. A person in his position must veer on the side of safety or there will be hard feelings against him if some thing catastrophic was to happen as a result of his guidance.

Just like me, I am a member of Ford Mgt. I have to be careful what and how I say things. Ford can fire me or Ford can be sued over what I do and say.

Suavy

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Regarding the 50's I was repeating what I remembered Sal told me. I will double check with him just to make sure and if I'm wrong I'll post a correction. Running a blower motor lean can be very distructive making fuel delivery extremely important. The point I was trying to make on the other thread was if you are going to upgrade your injectors from stock why not go to 60's. There drivability is great from all acounts I have heard about so why not go with them and then if later you go with a built motor with heads and cams you will not have to purchase new injectors to support the extra hp. Buy once and save in the long run and be safe. [smilie=wavey.gif]

Charles

·
Registered
8,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Magnum Powers said:
Regarding the 50's I was repeating what I remembered Sal told me. I will double check with him just to make sure and if I'm wrong I'll post a correction. Running a blower motor lean can be very distructive making fuel delivery extremely important. The point I was trying to make on the other thread was if you are going to upgrade your injectors from stock why not go to 60's. There drivability is great from all acounts I have heard about so why not go with them and then if later you go with a built motor with heads and cams you will not have to purchase new injectors to support the extra hp.    Buy once and save in the long run and be safe. [smilie=wavey.gif]

Charles
Thank you very much for your reply. I truly appreciate it.

I have tuned and run 50lb injectors in quite a few vehicles and so far, I havent found their limit. JL runs 55's in his 9 sec L and I believe all of his low 10sec customers run 50's.

I have yet to find the limit to my own personal Lightnings 50'lb'ers and will be trying to push them to lower 10 second ET's this upcoming season. There is plenty of headroom in my tune to push them harder and I when I finally do max them, I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Thanks again.

[email protected]

·
Registered
734 Posts
What are you doing with my girl Cluadia in your sig!

10's slacker! [smilie=laugh.gif]

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
WOO HOO

Hey Charles, hope all is well and your enjoying the new year Pal [smilie=wavey.gif]
AND Thanks for the response :smt023

I know Injector tuning has come a long way, but in the past I've always heard DO NOT go larger than you need, I also know a few good L buddy's of mine that have local driving issues when using too large an injector, (some have actually taken the 60's out, and switched to 50's or 55's.

So I wanted to make sure I used ONLY what I needed. Either way I'm fine with the 50's, (as said, I'm only looking for @500HP off Spray, and @600+ on spray). I don't need the Injectors to flow more on Spray since I'm using a Wet System, and you have a seperate Injector/Nozzle spraying the Fuel for that ;)

Here's what I found listed on JDM's Site:

JDM

42 Pound Injectors- Replacement for stock Lightning injectors. 500 RWHP Limit.

50 Pound Injectors- For Lightnings that are making over 450 RWHP and up to 600 RWHP.

55 Pound Injectors- For Lightnings that are making over 600 RWHP.

60 Pound Injectors- For Lightnings that are making over 650 RWHP.

RPM Outlet shows the 50's are good up to 800HP MAX :shock: for a S/C Ford Lightning and HD http://www.rpmoutlet.com/lightfuel.htm

1 - 17 of 17 Posts