Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well besides the average track prep and numerous breakdowns and fluid cleanups, sat was still a day of racing. Can't expect much on a T&T day. I was quite surprised on the amount of cars that showed for a $100 entry fee! Especially that 4 door Camery, he must have been a sleeper. :cautious:

Worked on my lights today, not horrible but they could use some touch up. So got 3 passes in and of course I got there early because they were scheduled to run import vs domestic and it is usually a shit show for crowds. But for some reason it was canceled. And you know I was in the stagging lane early trying to get 1 pass under my belt before the mayhem and crowd showed. So I was in the slick lane 10 cars back looking for the first batch of cars to give me some heat and rubber. Not!!! Car 2 in front of me oil downed the track. Atco 1 Dude 0.:mad:馃枙 It was cool out so I lost whatever heat was in the track.

Decided to come out easy and get a clean pass in and went 9.84 into a pretty good headwind. 2nd pass I raced against an interesting truck that happened to show up next to me in the stagging lanes. Unfortunately I blew the tires off the launch and also the 1-2 shift. My data log looked like a heart monitor. That was a pass that I would normally have aborted but considering who I was racing, I would have stayed in it even if I was running with 3 wheels :oops:馃槉. Not sure but I think Josh spun also and also left the truck in 2 gear (Been there done that!). Track was just not there and by the time we ran our 3rd pass after numerous track shutdowns, the sun was down and track had no heat. Softened up my rears and just wanted a last clean pass in so hooked to a 9.77. Not quite as consistent as last Wed but happy with the 9.8 and 9.7 considering the conditions. Got a good video of Josh on his last pass but I almost got booted from the track for going into a restricted area to get the shot. The EMS squad was the one who came flying up yelling at me. It was after my last pass and Josh was like 2 cars behind me so I ran out of my truck with my helmet on to catch the shot. I should have run around the infield area like Rickey Bobby yelling "Im on fire" Hilarious.馃槻馃榿. F it the track is closing anyway!!!

IMG_20201114_093429.jpg
IMG_20201114_104111.jpg
IMG_20201114_142413.jpg
IMG_20201117_011808 (1).jpg

Registered
Even though the track wasn't optimal, you still were able to get some passes in and have a good time before the snow hits the NE.
(y)

Administrator
At least you got a decent outing. Nothing beats seat time. Cool that Josh was out. Since he has not updated his thread, I can only imagine the book he is writing. (but really wanting to read it)

Jim

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Anytime Fred. When you coming up north again? My truck is consistent but I know you tree my ass so I need to be on my game!!;)

Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
At least you got a decent outing. Nothing beats seat time. Cool that Josh was out. Since he has not updated his thread, I can only imagine the book he is writing. (but really wanting to read it)

Jim
LOL, it was on FB that night. I'll post an update in my thread on here (so folks can go, that's not detailed, that's just excuses LOL)

Anyway, those are some nice lights Dude. I was certainly not even working on that as you can see by my 0.551 on that 2nd pass LOL. And a couple more high 9's in the books at a T&T is nothing to sneeze at....still love seeing the 2.6 KB lay it down!

Weather was absolutely beautiful, just a shame Atco wasn't putting the effort in on the prep despite the $100 ticket for a frigging T&T day. Still a good day for some passes and seat time.

I'll save the details on my runs for my thread to not clutter this one up with my "book". I'll just say I was wondering what happened about that "we gotta have a long talk at Spookfest" posts you were previously rattling away about in the SF threads....ironically not a word on any of that once I pulled up in the lanes next to ya lol. Just chatting about the trucks and the events of the day, exactly as it should be. I was actually surprised to run into you there, I didn't notice you since you were already up in the lanes when I had pulled in (and your cheerleader must have been playing hide and seek nowhere to be found anytime I rolled around into the lanes lol). It was fun to get to lineup though. At least you didn't redlight on me this time, but you did double bulb me, I think you had both bulbs on before I was even out of the burnout box LOL!

I have the go-pro vid, but it's still in "editing loading" on youtube. I'll link it up later. Dummy me forgot it in 2nd from the burnout, launched in 2nd, hit the limiter, took a second to realize WTF went on and get out to drop it back into D, so you were gone haha. Truck was climbing on that back half like a bullet train though! Both our runs were about the same 3.6s for the 1/8th to 1/4, and mine was +10 mph higher on the back split....movin! But 138.78 on a 10.8 pass...ugly! haha

Here's the go-pro vid of me vs. dude. A guy broke down in dude's lane right before our run, so we had to shutdown and wait for that to get cleared out. Stuff like that always throws me off though as I was already pulling into the burnout box when they waved us off. Then Mr. Doublebulber rushing me at the tree I forgot to put it back in D after the burnout lol. Hitting the limiter like that makes me cringe! All is fair though, as I've said before folks will certainly have opportunity to get some W's against me right off the bat until I get back into my groove again, it was still fun getting to line up with another L. Dude and I are now 1-1 since last time we lined up (2015 I think?) he red lit lol. Ready for a rematch in 2021!

Reactions: s|ck

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Now, Now excuses are like as#holes!! You had plenty of time to get that Limo set. I waited like a gentlemen for you to roll up next to me before I approached the tree. I think this little 2.6 was in your head :rolleyes::oops:馃槉. I spun the launch and broke the tires again on the 1-2 shift, you should have crushed me even leaving it in 2nd. I have not run a 10.x pass in 2 years. :confused: But no respect at the tree, my .042 vs .551 !! Would have been a fun race if I ran my 9.7x - 9.8x and you ran whatever time it is for a clean pass. I'm racing till Dec so let's do this!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys appreciate it 馃ぃ馃槄

Now, Now excuses are like as#holes!! You had plenty of time to get that Limo set. I waited like a gentlemen for you to roll up next to me before I approached the tree. I think this little 2.6 was in your head :rolleyes::oops:馃槉. I spun the launch and broke the tires again on the 1-2 shift, you should have crushed me even leaving it in 2nd. I have not run a 10.x pass in 2 years. :confused: But no respect at the tree, my .042 vs .551 !! Would have been a fun race if I ran my 9.7x - 9.8x and you ran whatever time it is for a clean pass. I'm racing till Dec so let's do this!!!
LOL, waited like a gentleman with two yellow bulbs lit haha. They were actually going to wave me up to make the pass while they took care of the car in your lane, but I shut it down as soon as they waved me up so we could still line up for the heck of it.

The MPH shows me all I need to see vs. that little 2.6! I was 9 mph down at the 1/8th from my goof up leaving in 2nd and hitting the limiter.....but I was 1 mph over ya at the stripes, picking up +10 mph more in the back half.....all with a whopping 19 lbs, and heck I even did it on 4 or 5 ribs of the belt, since the rest of it got eaten up on the limiter hit haha. Looking forward to the rematch!

Registered
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Yeah definitely need a rematch. No clean passes for either of us. Here is my onboard spinning out of the hole and breaking the tires on the 1-2. My tach looked like a pinball machine!!!o_O.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts