Lightning Rodder banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
When I want to post pics from a spreadsheet or something, I screen shot it, dump it into Microsoft paint, crop it out for what I want, then save as a jpeg to upload.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I'm not 100% sure on the size for the IW. They are standard and not metric though.

All these bolts I figured out by using a thread gauge and a pair of calipers, measuring off the threaded holes or the bolts removed.
What about Metco type lower crank pulley to stock balancer?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

·
14,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Amazon seems to be a lot more expensive for the couple I looked up on Amazon on Monday!
Depends which bolts. Some are more expensive, some are way cheaper. I just bought ARP-2000 head studs on Amazon last night for $364 with free shipping! The lowest price online for those anywhere is $440 range. Keep in mind, these were the upgraded head studs, not the lower strength ones that can be had for $250ish

·
14,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
*UPDATE*

Keep in mind folks that this is on my 4v, but many of the bolts are the same for 2v. I just swapped all my timing cover bolts for ARP. Now be aware the 2v setup uses a lot of studded bolts for mounting A/C stuff or the idler bar so the 2v will be a bit different, but a lot of the bolts are still the same. Use the info as you see fit.

771-1006 M8x1.25x45 UHL was the majority of the timing cover bolts. I used 13 IIRC (I had some leftover from before). 2v guys may be able to get away with 2 packs because you probably need to leave a few of the studded ones for the idler.

772-1007 M10x1.5x50 UHL was the bottom two corner timing cover bolts (replaced those 2 giant 22mm head ones)....again if your build is using those studs for mounting something, be aware

772-1008 M10x1.5x60 UHL was for one of my idler pullies, probably not a 1 for 1 on any of the 2v stuff.

NO I am not selling any of my extra bolts, even if I only used 2 out of the pack of 5. I keep all my extra's because sooner or later I end up using them on something.

Attachments

·
14,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
bump to keep this near the top, since as it sinks in the archives the # of PM's I get asking for bolt part #'s increases in frequency lol

Use this digital thread, or use a physical thread gauge lol

Reactions: stoffer

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Funny you post this. I was just cleaning up my front cover and was thinking of replacing all those bolts as well. Great minds...

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Anyone happen to know the ARP bolt number for the Bell housing? I just ordered a quick time bell housing and may as well switch these out while I'm at it.

·
14,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
the trans to block bolts? They're M10x1.5 thread pitch. Length I'm not 100% sure on. I actually bought some recently specifically for mounting my engine on the stand....yes even my engine is on ARP bolts on the stand LOL. I've always used the factory trans bolts, but something about a $20k engine on a $50 harbor freight engine stand with 18 year old stock trans bolts didn't feel cozy haha. I'd say I'll check length tonight but I know i'll forget. Next oil change just measure the length, you can do it from the outside of the block/trans interface for those, and just get M10x1.5 pitch.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I appreciate it Josh. My depth is going to be different anyways due to the thicket of the new bell housing. You gave me exactly what I needed.

·
Jeffv333
2,234 Posts
I thought I would add this to this thread:

The 4 rear midplate bolts are 38.1mm stock measurement in length. I measured them, roughly 1.5”. Josh used 40mm bolts on the back, a tad bigger but I’m going to assume he used the washers the bolts came with. That’s probably 37mm ish of length to bolt on the midplate to turkey pan.

The bolts Josh used will still work with the spacer. But if you want more bite on the threads you can use the following.

With the JC midplate spacer 1/2” that is a thickness of 12.7mm.

So 38.1mm+12.7mm= 50.8mm length.

You will need part number 772-1007 if you want 12 point stainless steel bolts. These have a length of 50mm. Same bolts Josh used but longer length to make up for that 1/2” spacer. I don’t like 12 point so I went with 762-1007.

As for the studs, you do NOT NECESSARILY need the longer studs that are 1/2” longer in order to run the spacer. Part number AM46001LB. These are 4.6” long or 117mm.

The stock studs and bolts measure about 114.3mm or about 4.5”. These are long enough even with a spacer.

So, 1/2” is 12.7mm. We need 114.3mm+12.7mm=127mm
Which is about 5”.

The 4.6” bolt will work. According to Josh, if you go any bigger than that then they will not thread in all the way.

But you can use the stock bolts and studs.

The reason you have to get studs is because ARP doesn’t offer a longer bolt than 100mm. Plus the studs makes easier use of remove and reinstall. Make sure you get the correct nuts for the studs, M10 but with 1.25 thread pitch.

·
14,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
so hold your horses for a second there. I ran a spacer on my setup, and the stock blower & midplate bolts still work with a spacer, so you don't need longer, the same will still work. Also if you go longer than the studs I used, they'll be TOO long, as I bought those to length for the max thread engagement as well.

So midplate 4 bolts you can use stock size, or go a tad longer. Blower 8 studs, you don't want any longer than those. I actually don't think they'll even work without using a spacer because you'll be beyond where you can thread a nut on far enough.

Also BG hit me up over the weekend. They're looking at making a kit version to save the scavenger hunt for you guys and offer a few stages of ARP bolt upgrades for your engine bay. That'll get you guys a better deal than buying all these individual packs, and save a lot of time hunting part #'s.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Also BG hit me up over the weekend. They're looking at making a kit version to save the scavenger hunt for you guys and offer a few stages of ARP bolt upgrades for your engine bay. That'll get you guys a better deal than buying all these individual packs, and save a lot of time hunting part #'s.
:rockon_ford

·
Registered
966 Posts
Seen a couple threads where people were inquiring about the part number for the plenum to SC. Here is what I determined for C&L Plenum to SC (WITHOUT a plenum spacer):

M6 x 1.00 x 30mm: 770-1003 (Quantity 5)

M6 x 1.00 x 75mm: 770-1012 (Quantity 1)

·
Registered
966 Posts
Just noticed the part number for the IAC bolts is listed as 770-1017. 770-1017 is an M6 X 1.00 x 16mm bolt. The bolts that came off my Eaton were 30mm which would be 770-1003. Is 16mm for the KB?

41 - 60 of 82 Posts