Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So since I swapped out my junky stage 8 header bolts for ARP bolts back in eh 2007ish, I've probably been asked at least 3,000 times what size bolts I used, and then when I said M8x1.25x30mm UHL, I would then get asked for the part #, even though it takes all of 15 seconds to look up the fawking part # off Summit with that information that leads you EXACTLY to the damn bolt [smilie=om LOL!

Then when I converted my 2.6 KB from being factory bolts and all-thread studs to being ARP head studs with ARP nuts, I've probably been asked 200 times what size and again what PN, and that I just don't flat out remember, but TOFTS has been kind enough to repost that info about 14 dozen times lol.

Well since I just bought about $300 worth of ARP goodies for my engine bay, here's the pic showing every package, which has the part # printed on it, the bolt size printed on it, and I even wrote where the damn bolts go LOL!

So I'm NOT going to answer specifics anytime in the future on these. I literally spent 15 minutes in the garage measuring bolts with a caliper and a thread gauge and ordered all of these. You guys in the future can take 15 seconds to find this thread if you want to know a size/part #. And maybe if TOFTS is kind enough, he can dig up the blower bolt & stud PN's one last time and I'll add that into here too so it's a catch all ARP part # thread.

Caveat, I also had about $100 worth of bolts before I got these that I didn't get pics of. They were for the autofab motor mounts and my power rack. If anyone ones those, you'll have to do it the old fashion way with a thread gauge and caliper because they're already installed in my truck lol.

Oh and save the hate....some guys buy $300 of stick on billet for looks, I bought $300 of polished SS ARP bolts for looks lol. Wasn't sticking crusty oxidized factory bolts in my shiny smoothed out painted engine bay lol :bigtu

*edited for corrections/updates*
The bolts tagged "motor mounts - 6" the others can be used on the flex plate cover on the trans (2), and the coolant tube to the back of the water pump that bolts at the back of the passenger head (2). That puts all 10 bolts from the 2 packs to use.

The starter bolts were tagged on 30mm UHL bolts, you're better off using 35mm ULH ones

There's several other areas I was able to use extra bolts from these packs, but I can't remember offhand. I'll update with any other ones I can recall.

Attachments

·
Amsoil Dealer
3,381 Posts
Thanks Josh. Everyone needs to subscribe to this thread.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Great info for all.:bigtu

·
AYHIN
2,982 Posts
Below is what I posted umpteen dozen times before and finally over in the How too section.

Josh, You should copy yours and mine together over in the How too as well.

This topic keeps coming up and it gets increasingly harder and harder to chase down the part numbers in the old threads so I thought I would post them up here to make it easer to reference.

Josh (Harley#356) originally came up with the ARP studs for use when running the JLP plenum with his 2.6 Kenne Bell supercharger (the same goes for the 2.8 KB) to replace the bolts that are under the sheet metal plenum. Josh was running a spacer plate under the mid plate and these work perfectly.

I ran into a problem because the center shank on the studs (Unthreaded portion) stopped the stud from going deep enough if you are not running a spacer. ARP part numbers are tough (for me) to follow and I contacted ARP to get the right (shorter) studs to work without the spacer. With the part numbers below you can search for the best pricing on the internet and avoid the hassle of calling ARP.

If you are running a 3.6 KB or one of the larger models, the supercharger is too wide to drop a bolt down beside it and requires the use of the studs at all 8 bolt positions.

One nice feature of these bolts is that they have a "Broached Allen head end". This allows you to use an Allen head wrench to both insert the stud and hold it in place when removing the nut so it does not unscrew from the mid plate. I also find it a nice feature to lower the stud during the installation and removal of the super charger.

FOR USE WITH A 1/2" SPACER PLATE
Studs - M10 x 1.50 base M10 x 1.25 top: ARP-AM46001LB (4.6" long)

FOR USE WITHOUT A SPACER PLATE
Studs - M10 x 1.50 base M10 x 1.25 top: ARP-AM4-0001LB (4.0" Long)

NUTS TO FIT EITHER STUD ABOVE
Stainless Nuts - M10 x 1.25 12 point SS: ARP-400-8344 (they also have black ones if you don't want polished)

Report this image

Report this image

One note, On Summit Racing and some other sites you may note that the description may say these are M10 X 1.50mm on both ends but they aren't. They are 1.5 thread on one end that goes into the mid plate and 1.25 thread on the other. I believe Summit has corrected this.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Hey Josh,

Do you think you could take the extra 30 minutes to create a full list with part numbers, bolt length, thread size, thread length, location and quantities needed...pictures confuse me. :shitstormretarded

Just harassing you, man...thanks to you and Stan for taking the time, several dozen times, to answer the same questions.

·
NO SPONSORS
5,687 Posts
Umm I can't read your chicken scratch handwriting. So I will be calling to ask, then texting, then pming, then emailing, and last sending a certified letter.

·
AYHIN
2,982 Posts
Hey Josh,

Do you think you could take the extra 30 minutes to create a full list with part numbers, bolt length, thread size, thread length, location and quantities needed...pictures confuse me. :shitstormretarded

Just harassing you, man...thanks to you and Stan for taking the time, several dozen times, to answer the same questions.
Mr. OCD set has spent years setting himself up for your request.

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Josh,

LMAO, if this were 5, 10, or 15 years ago on the forums, I'd have a full color coded excel sheet with part #'s, bolt specs, prices, links, pics, etc. lol. This is all ya get! :bolt

Umm I can't read your chicken scratch handwriting. So I will be calling to ask, then texting, then pming, then emailing, and last sending a certified letter.
lol and the answer will always be the same....."go search the thread up and find it" :smt042

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Thanks a lot guys, this is a huge help

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
LMAO, if this were 5, 10, or 15 years ago on the forums, I'd have a full color coded excel sheet with part #'s, bolt specs, prices, links, pics, etc. lol. This is all ya get! :bolt
And that's the Josh we all know, love and miss...that crazily over-the-top OCD engineering type fella! :cheers

·
NO SPONSORS
5,687 Posts

lol and the answer will always be the same....."go search the thread up and find it" :smt042
Challenge accepted

·
Administrator
18,355 Posts
Nice work! After it runs it's course here in Gen2 Tech, I suggest we move it to the How To Section. Let me know if you want to do that down the road.

Jim

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I just ordered all the bolts for my motor from summit. Cost $314

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,544 Posts
right click save as

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Nice work! After it runs it's course here in Gen2 Tech, I suggest we move it to the How To Section. Let me know if you want to do that down the road.

Jim
Jim,

I've converted the post to a Word doc but could make a .PDF out of it if you want to put it up on the site for anyone to download.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts