Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to buy the complete system ARH 1-7/8 with no cats. I'm on the fence should I buy the regular ARH system or buy the JLP version. I haven't heard the JLP version but I read it claims to have a deeper sound. I also like the idea of the larger 4" tips. I know the exhaust will sound different depending on heads, cams, ect. Just curious if anyone has videos or opinions. Thanks

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,630 Posts
JLP basically got ARH to incorporate a few tweaks and changes to further improve it based on their years of experience specifically on our platform and what they've seen to work best first hand on many many trucks and many many exhaust combos over the years on our exact trucks. I'd go with that over the regular version. Also seeing the tips, the regular ARH ones are nice, but the version that comes on the JLP ARH is even nicer. I got mine before they switched from bassani to ARH, so my ARH is the regular setup. I may try to at least upgrade the tips at some point.

As for vid comparisons, I think it'll really be hard to tell a difference from video from the regular ARH to the JLP spec ARH. Heck even in person it may be hard to tell, not to mention as you said other things can affect the exhaust tone as well between different combos. Either way it'll sound great.

Reactions: BLUE65FB

·
Registered
132 Posts
Am i correct in that if we order the full exhaust system from JLP, that it will be the JLP-spec ARH? Pictures are different on both sites, but I do understand that sometimes they're not updated as frequently. And if the JLP-spec would be a better option, is there a reason there's almost a $1000 difference in price from ARH's website? Genuinely curious because Im on the fence between both, hopefully to buy next year. Thanks!

·
Registered
01 Lightning
140 Posts
I'm planning to buy the complete system ARH 1-7/8 with no cats. I'm on the fence should I buy the regular ARH system or buy the JLP version. I haven't heard the JLP version but I read it claims to have a deeper sound. I also like the idea of the larger 4" tips. I know the exhaust will sound different depending on heads, cams, ect. Just curious if anyone has videos or opinions. Thanks
I thought you were going to put a Cummings diesel with triple turbos in that Lightning ? Hahaha!!!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont think it's on the site. I called them to purchase it but it went to voicemail. They will be back in the office the Tuesday after Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't have FB but I seen this post a while back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts