Lightning Rodder banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
OP are you currently running cats?

I recently got some high flow cats after running catless for a while. Truck drives better and def isn't as loud. Different mufflers might change the tone but its still going to be loud as shit imo. I've heard good things about the kooks green cats, expensive but work well
Yes have cats. Exhaust isn't to loud. Drone sound inside is what I want to fix.

I have a few projects in line first. Going to put it on lift and see if I can run some full size mufflers.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Yes have cats. Exhaust isn't to loud. Drone sound inside is what I want to fix.

I have a few projects in line first. Going to put it on lift and see if I can run some full size mufflers.
Gotcha. I know some guys have removed the interior carpet and put down insulation. Dont remember exactly what it was called but Im sure you can find some old threads on here. Just trying to keep the noise levels down

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Sound deadener. Helps with cab noise

Reactions: 03F150HD

·
10 second street truck
12,086 Posts
Gotcha. I know some guys have removed the interior carpet and put down insulation. Dont remember exactly what it was called but Im sure you can find some old threads on here. Just trying to keep the noise levels down
I have raamaudio in mine.

I will say my arh doesn't drone. I'm curious if you're getting resonance due to how it's mounted.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Sound proofing entire floor & rear wall Done already.. Also I installed 40 oz carpet with padding option. < that definitely helped but still the drone makes it hard "especially in the driver's seat" to hear the radio & charger wine.

It's tuned to around 420 ish rwhp. Never to be a race truck, I just wanted to to be stout. Having large canned mufflers shouldn't effect that power but I will check the tun afterwards.

·
10 second street truck
12,086 Posts
Sound proofing entire floor & rear wall Done already.. Also I installed 40 oz carpet with padding option. < that definitely helped but still the drone makes it hard "especially in the driver's seat" to hear the radio & charger wine.

It's tuned to around 420 ish rwhp. Never to be a race truck, I just wanted to to be stout. Having large canned mufflers shouldn't effect that power but I will check the tun afterwards.
Honestly at 420hp the 3" arh is over kill. Something like a full 2.5" would be plenty and quieter.

I'm really surprised with your thoughts though. The arh is the first exhaust I've had that at 70+ I can actually hear the radio or talk to people. Now hearing the blower, I haven't heard my blower since I went built.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
Honestly at 420hp the 3" arh is over kill. Something like a full 2.5" would be plenty and quieter.

I'm really surprised with your thoughts though. The arh is the first exhaust I've had that at 70+ I can actually hear the radio or talk to people. Now hearing the blower, I haven't heard my blower since I went built.
I suspect on a lightning to mufflers are more under the bed than cab. My extentions are south between the muffler & tail pipe. I may be able to reverse that? I will put it on the lift this weekend if I get time and look.

These are pictures from last time. It looks like I can swap the extensions to the front.

Attachments

·
10 second street truck
12,086 Posts
I suspect on a lightning to mufflers are more under the bed that cab. My extentions are south between the muffler & tail pipe. I may be able to reverse that? I will put it on the life this weekend if I get time and look.

These are pictures from last time. It looks like I can swap the extensions to the front.
The mufflers are right under the cab.

Pipeline transport Automotive exhaust Plumbing Gas Auto part

21 - 30 of 30 Posts