Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for reccomdations to shush up the noise on my HD.

Anyone a muffler pro? I want to replace the ARH x-pipe & cans with something longer to that will tame down the sound but still flow good.

I was looking at Borla because I run them for years on mutiple mustang builds.

I have about a 3' area to fill. 3" pipes & a 6 1/2" center to center.

Recommendation's?. Open to suggestions.

Attachments

·
Slevin
1,033 Posts
Anything with a large case.
See large case magnaflows with internal X pipes

Reactions: 03F150HD

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Install high flow cats or resonators after the headers
I had resonators directly after my headers. The heat deformed the core and it began collapsing into flow. I'd advise against it.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dusten

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I had resonators directly after my headers. The heat deformed the core and it began collapsing into flow. I'd advise against it.

What brand resonators were you using? I was planning on reinstalling a pair of my Vibrant 3" resonators that I had on my last setup. I never had an issue with them.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
What brand resonators were you using? I was planning on reinstalling a pair of my Vibrant 3" resonators that I had on my last setup. I never had an issue with them.
I believe magnaflow. I can't be 100% certain

Reactions: MIKECR250

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had 14" and then the 18" you posted.

This trucks never had cats as long as I have owned it. Honestly the arh is the quietest exhaust this trucks had.
What are you reccomending then. I want a muffled rumble. Don't like it loud. I'd rather hear the s/c & cogs

>I'll be listing the ARH muffler/X pipe on here later. What's it worth? Maybe 2,000 miles since installed

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Not running a 3" exhaust. I'd recommend cats or a resonator that can handle the heat. 3" is going to be loud. Period.
I agree. I ran full 3" exhaust for years with no cats. Resonators off the headers with two 18" magnaflow mufflers. It was loud but tolerable little drone. Now I have 4" off each bank to 3" out the back. No resonators but two turbos in the mix. My truck is half as loud now. Just go turbo, they are excellent mufflers

·
Registered
706 Posts
OP are you currently running cats?

I recently got some high flow cats after running catless for a while. Truck drives better and def isn't as loud. Different mufflers might change the tone but its still going to be loud as shit imo. I've heard good things about the kooks green cats, expensive but work well

1 - 20 of 30 Posts