Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FWIW, apparently APTEN is yet another company that has Ripped-Off the South Florida Pulley Headquarters DUB Interchangeable Pulley Unit, and made an Imitation Copy for themselves to market and passing it off to the public as theirs! I always wondered why they list it on their website, but "Never" show a picture of it, Go Figure!

:sad: [smilie=eek4.gif] :sad:

APTEN - BUSTED!!!!!!!

NOTICE: It has been brought to our attention, that one or more companies are copying our South Florida Pulley Headquarter's Dial_Ur_Boost - The World's First Modular Interchangeable Supercharger Pulley Unit Design, for not only the Ford 99-Current Lightning, 02-Current Harley Davidson, 03-Current Cobra, but also the Pontiac GTP & Buick GS with the GM L67 Series II Engine vehicle applications.

DO NOT be taken in by a company that is making a Modified Version of, or an look-a-like Imitation Copy of the ORIGINAL DUB that South Florida Pulley HQ Invented & Manufactured for these vehicles. You will probably see some Cheap Advertised Prices for these copies, but they will never be as close to the Original Quality or Workmanship as the already Proven & Tested on our Dial_Ur_Boost Supercharger Pulley Unit for the past 5 years it has been on the market.

Also remember our DUB Unit has a "Lifetime Warranty" to the Original Buyer, on the car it was originally installed on. How many companies warrant any product with a warranty like that!!!! Answer....NONE!!!!!!!

Thanks for reading about our latest information and passing it along to our consumers for an Informative Buyer's Beware posting of this latest news, that could cost you more in the long run for buying one of these Copies or Imitations!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:smt011 :smt066 :smt013

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been Ready!!!!!!

MM&FF Magazines # 1 Pulley Choice -Using SFPH's- DUB Interchangeable Pulley Unit's in 11/04 - 12/04 Issues!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Didn't you apply for a patent ? Such a good idea I hope you did. They will owe you some seriuos change.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I asked Trevor why he never put a patent on his nitrous kit designs. He replied that a patent is expensive and all the years he would still spend in court were not worth the headaches. Our motto is by the time the other companies try to copy us, we will be on to newer design anyway, so let them have our old crap. Not to mention that other companies can't figure out the details that make us better and won't spend the R&D money.

Nothing worse than another company stealing a design or product. The worse part is they usually make the product cheaper and sell for cheaper. Now the orginal manufacturer has to justify themselves.

This is a big reason why foreign aftermarket companies don't come to the U.S. for foreign cars. To many knock-off companies making a cheap imitation for a fraction of the price.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bill Jordan said:
Didn't you apply for a patent ? Such a good idea I hope you did. They will owe you some seriuos change.
Bill, I have had a Patient Pending Filed on 3 products during the past 4 years now and No numbers have come to me as yet. The Legal System does state the Legal Term," Date of Inception" in this case April 10, 1997 was when I Created. Invented the idea for my DUB Interchangeable Supercharger Pulley Design to fit all Eaton Superchargers and to today, we are still waiting for our Patent to come us. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Bummer Terry  :sad:
It's never easy being the inventor of something, especially if it's a good product,
or in your case AN AWESOME PRODUCT, someone is ALWAYS going to steal
the idea, and as Denny said, make it cheaper, BOTH IN QUALITY AND PRICE.

I'm sure Denny, Trev and Race Tested have gone through simular battles.
It's not easy being number one, never is................

But as Denny said, you just keep keeping on and stay one step ahead of the competition.

Example:

Sliding in just ahead of the official launch of the 2004 SEMA show, South Florida Pulley HQ has delivered their new Dial_Ur_Boost Interchangeable Supercharger Pulleys for the New Magna Charger Radix Gen5 Supercharger. These pulleys will Fit the New Joe Gibbs Supercharged Pickup as well as the Hummer H2 plus other models with a 5.7 or 6.0 Liter Chevy/GMC...............

Read the rest Here

You too are very unique because you RE-WROTE the rules and both invented a
NEW AND BETTER mouse trap, you DIDN'T improve on what was already there.
THATS WHY I RUN BOTH YOUR PRODUCTS, BECAUSE THEY'RE THE BEST OUT THERE

I work with a guy that has invented prob 20 - 30 kick ass items over many years,
and has been SCREWED in each and every case. He was explaining the patent rules and
laws just the other day to me, and it always comes down to it will cost you tens of K
to fight Corp America and the POS's that steal your idea's, in most cases you won't even
win because COPY CATS are smart enough to change it enough to call it unique and their
own idea.
BS

BTW
If my memory serves me correct Terry, you were the first with the DUB for the Eaton,
and Pulleys and or DUB Systems for the KB's, Magnum Powers, and a little birdie told me even
the soon to be released Whipples.
JUST HOW RICH ARE YOU ANYWAY  :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Rob, when you are the Best at what you do, You NEVER give out any of your Trade Secrets and apparently, you just did..........SSSShhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Keep the New Chitt Quiet!!!! Thanks Bubba!! :D

DO NOT be taken in by a company that is making a Modified Version of, or an look-a-like Imitation Copy of the ORIGINAL DUB that South Florida Pulley HQ Invented & Manufactured for these vehicles.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've went throught the patent process myself several years ago and it is a pain and cost about 10,000 to finalize it. Earlier this year i was taking candid shots for a newspaper at a Craft fair and I had several of the craft people come up and ask me not to photograph their crafts because people would copy them, of course i told them who i was and gave them a card but they still wanted them deleted... It's a dog eat dog world selling anything anymore. I'm supprised at how many startups there are each year. It is a shame they couldn't have just came to you and bought them from you and resold them.

Bill

·
Registered
129 Posts
Isn't it some shit, that Apten, of all people would be coping someone else's idea/product. After all the crap I got from them on posting pics of my Eaton that they ported. I didn't understand it then, but I do now, every swinging dick sells a "Apten Style" port job for the Eaton.

I hope you can sue the ever loving shit out of them [smilie=fingersx.gif]

So whats this I hear, your selling upper pulleys for the Magnum Powers Blower :smt016

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gator, what goes around, comes around, you know!! Also, I am not selling the Magnum Powers Pulleys as of yet, but they are in the making, really soon :D

DO NOT be taken in by a company that is making a Modified Version of, or an look-a-like Imitation Copy of the ORIGINAL DUB that South Florida Pulley HQ Invented & Manufactured for these vehicles.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Isn’t Rob in with some Mafia type people? I didn’t think they would cost tens of thousands of dollars, more like a few Benny’s and they do NOT take years to “settle”, uhh, legal claims… :D

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Terry,

That is terrible to hear, I am sure there is some sort of recourse for such a situation, I wish you the best! You have a good product man!

-Chris

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Chris said:
LMFAO!

"tell ol' skip who I gotta clip"

What do the Soprano's have to do with Apten Being Busted?? [smilie=popcorn.gif]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts