Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
just but them off ebay I think I paid $40 for my HIDs they have been problem free for about 2 years now! If they fail ill just buy another set....

·
Big Dck Playa
1,293 Posts
Yes :D lol

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cuz i like to blow money LIKE A BOUSS.... hahahaha jk.

idk i seen them and i figured it'd be worth asking right... that being said what is the right kit to get for my heads and fogs... and 6000K or 8000K?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
HID conversions or equivalent = blind the **** out of everyone and make people hate your ass.

Projectors = good clean line that you can adjust to 'not' blind the **** out of everyone, and still stupid bright.

Just IMO. Everytime someone gets behind me (in any car) with the type of HID's that blind me, i just want to jam my brakes on and smash them. They look cool in a picture and thats just about it for me.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
projector bulbs are twice as much as the ddm hid kits i mideaswell just get the ddm kit but a respectable watt one with the best viewing for night driving since i will be doing a lot of that

what ddm kit do i get for my ford? for the headlights and fog lights please..

·
Registered
310 Posts
I just got my $200 set of V-HIDs in today. THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! My highs are my lows and my lows are my highs (F^%$ED up I know) plus the kit plug that went into the factory plug pushed all the pins out of the kit plug. Plus the light beams SUCK SOOOOO BAD. I wish I had gotten the $35 kit. I would feel NEAR as screwed.

·
Carpe diem
10,810 Posts
ebay maybe cheaper and work for some but wait till they crap out and you contact them for the warranty and they dont do anything for you cause theyre crooks, ddm FTW

·
Registered
310 Posts
I was told with my kit (I bought it from a member) that HIDs are suppose to be used with projector head lights. Is this true??? All I can find is the projectors that use 2 bulbs, making my $200 HIDs useless because they are 9007 high/low.

·
Carpe diem
10,810 Posts
I was told with my kit (I bought it from a member) that HIDs are suppose to be used with projector head lights. Is this true??? All I can find is the projectors that use 2 bulbs, making my $200 HIDs useless because they are 9007 high/low.
false all a projector lense would do is not blind on coming drivers

·
Former Rowing Team.
11,834 Posts
People I bought from aren't crooks. There's no warranty. Ballast are ballast and bulbs are bulbs IMO. It's ok not to give money to companies with warrantys :)

Cheape eBay kits with no warranty FTW. plus driving w/o a one side cuz one is getting warratied sucks.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
14 Participants
SVTNUT
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing