Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not talking about Granatelli COPs themselves, but the BOOT/SS Wire Connectors that look like this:

Granatelli claims better spark, connection, no radio static, blah, blah, and better performance. Just trying to get a handle on pros and cons over stock setup.

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
I used them with GMS COPS. After dyno runs that showed a loss in HP & torque over stock, Granatelli suggested that I go back to the stock spring setup with their COPs. WTF? I just went back to stock.

The boots work fine., but he solid connectors have to be shortened to work with NGK TR6 or other after market plugs. It's not a big deal, just a bit of a pain. I did experience one negative about the solid connectors. When I changed plugs, one of the connctors came off the solid conductor and stayed on the plug. Naturally it was number 4. Took several hours to get *&@%! thing off so I could remove the plug. Probably not worth the money or effort, IMHO.

·
THE PROPER WAY TO POWDER THAT ASS
7,531 Posts
Yes I use them and love them. Much easier to connect and take off. I also like the fact that its a solid connector and not a pos spring that is prone to breaking. I have long since junked my grannatellis but have kept the connectors throughout the years. They are a bit pricey but I love them. Just my .02

·
Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jeff (207) is also using them on his Harley but I don't know if he's running TR6's. He doesn't seem to be having any problems either. They do have instructions online for TR6 plugs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
OldTimer
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing