Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever tried to to use this 4 link setup before? Says it's bolt in for our setup just needs and added Panhard bar.

Thoughts?

·
Dear V8s, I'm back!
700 Posts
Post a link willy

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Few guys running modified versions. Back in the day scottselle made kits using components from the kp kit. The guys who ran the off the shelf kit had issues with the axle side brackets, and bushings supposedly had issues failing really early as well.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Few guys running modified versions. Back in the day scottselle made kits using components from the kp kit. The guys who ran the off the shelf kit had issues with the axle side brackets, and bushings supposedly had issues failing really early as well.
Thanks for that. Any recommendations on 4 link setup parts?

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Custom built.
Other than that his name escapes me but there is a Harley truck with a similar setup, he used an off the shelf link kit but it's been basically totally 're done.
I'm hungover and barely awake, but what's your intention? Drag race, road, or just better street manners?

·
Premium Member
3,895 Posts
Custom built.
Other than that his name escapes me but there is a Harley truck with a similar setup, he used an off the shelf link kit but it's been basically totally 're done.
I'm hungover and barely awake, but what's your intention? Drag race, road, or just better street manners?

Thats my truck and it is still running strong after some upgrades to the setup.

·
Dude
2,363 Posts
Mdan575, I was just going to drop your name and KC components as one of the guys using a 4-link. I considered going the same route you did but after I retire the truck from work duty because of the constant weight that I carry. 600-700lbs 24/7. Its alot of stress on all those joints. Plus I would have to figure out a way to either use the bags I have (load helpers) or a new set. This setup also uses shocks not just airbags. Which IIRC is what Mdan used (coilovers).:smt023

·
Premium Member
3,895 Posts
Mdan575, I was just going to drop your name and KC components as one of the guys using a 4-link. I considered going the same route you did but after I retire the truck from work duty because of the constant weight that I carry. 600-700lbs 24/7. Its alot of stress on all those joints. Plus I would have to figure out a way to either use the bags I have (load helpers) or a new set. This setup also uses shocks not just airbags. Which IIRC is what Mdan used (coilovers).:smt023

While I don't have heavy loads in my truck all the time. I have done many miles of towing my Mustang on the car trailer with great results. Not a single problem with the ride tech coilovers and the helper bags take care of any extra weight.

·
Dude
2,363 Posts
Recall that you towed your car but am not quite sure about all the time weights as I drive my truck the same loaded or unloaded (very rare). Except for braking the weight actually helps me. Traction is much better heh heh!
I did remove the weight for about a month and wound up needing a new set of tires[smilie=om:ahhhhfor my troubles:rockon_ford

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My intentions for the truck will be weekend street use, probably a handful of trips to the drag strip every year and some mile events.

Any better recommendations on a setup like that?

Ideally I would like to be able to bolt a big slick on the back for track use, have another set of wheel running a 390 MH drag radial for street use and then also mile events. Also trying to give the truck a fairly low stance as well just not slammed, but function will come over looks for sure.

I do plan on making quit a bit of power in the truck as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts