Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey how’s it going everyone, has anyone used this block or know anyone running one. I’m looking to build a 800hp engine for my lightning. My truck see’s the track or street pretty often already and I wanna turn it up.
Current setup stock block
KB2.3 3.25upper 6lb lower
JLP Plenum
80lb injectors
DW65 pumps
Circle D 2400 stall
Valve body
100 Octane
JJ Tuned
Bassani Catless Exhaust with manifolds

Attachments

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Agreed with Certified^^^^^^^^^^ and doing a sleeved block isn't cheap. Everyone thinks they want 700,800,900hp until they start seeing the price tag. This old technology is not cheap to make fast. Hell anymore 600hp price tag scares people..

·
10 second street truck
12,416 Posts
I understand the 30 over is not the block to go with, but that company has anyone done any business with them??? That’s my question do they do work work on there blocks?
Dss has been around for years in the mustang world. They are a middle of the road crate vendor. For your power levels I'd look at either a local machine shop that has experience in high power builds and sleeving blocks or QMP.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
QMP if you're looking to do it right...Brad's a great guy to deal with and will walk you through all of your options but, as mentioned, it's not going to be inexpensive. I'm about $14K into it with another $5-6 to go for a sleeved aluminum Trinity and fully worked Trick Flow heads but it should easily support 1,200 hp if and/or when the day ever comes.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
QMP is top notch, no doubt. Brad over there set me up with my Turbo cams. I opted for Livernois Motorpsorts since they are 30 min from my shop here in Michigan. They did all my block machining and freshed my TFS heads. My bores are all straight within a .0001" tolerance. My block is just over std bore at +.002" with custom spec cnc Gibtec pistons. They also provided bore surface data for each cylinder. They gave me a tour of the place. Not cheap but it's done right. Not messing with smaller machine shops anymore.

·
10 second street truck
12,416 Posts
QMP is top notch, no doubt. Brad over there set me up with my Turbo cams. I opted for Livernois Motorpsorts since they are 30 min from my shop here in Michigan. They did all my block machining and freshed my TFS heads. My bores are all straight within a .0001" tolerance. My block is just over std bore at +.002" with custom spec cnc Gibtec pistons. They also provided bore surface data for each cylinder. They gave me a tour of the place. Not cheap but it's done right. Not messing with smaller machine shops anymore.
Having a top notch shop up the street is helpful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts