Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nows the time for me to lick this one

I personally find the coil bolts are the hardest part of a plug change, (DS)
there has got to be a better longer extended head bolt
OR SOMETHING we can use that would save major time, ANYONE FIND ANYTHING ???
The last one on the Drivers Side took me FOREVER last time, I could have saved a good hour.

My thoughts would be and extended head, maybe with a simple thumb screw head,
OR SOMETHING ??? I heard there were some post on longer headed bolts over on another Forum,
(but can't find it), anyone ever heard or seen anything interesting re: this ?

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WOO HOO,

I'm ordering those puppies,
THANKS PAL  :smt026

What a great Idea

7 Like This

and 1 Like This (The one under the Fuel Pressure Regulator has a Flex Shaft)

I'd like to say, hey I should have thought of that, BUT I DID, just not fast enough I see :sad:
$66.00 for $4 worth of Bolts, WOW can you say MASSIVE MARK UP, but still worth it if it'll save me as much time as I KNOW IT WILL

U Da Man KB Zilla, thanks............

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Fawk!!! I am in on this! :D

I love this!!!! finally a solution to the coil pack bolt BS and YES the freakin' drivers side coil pack bolts by the fuel pressure regulator and the last one on #8 is a biatch!!! :-?

·
Registered
87 Posts
What about changing to a stud and leave it in the manifold. So many have had story's of twisting the heads off etc.

I thought by leaving a stud in you could use whatever style nut you want and it could be steel on steel and be less trouble.

This guy has a great idea to.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't think the bolts are bad at all. The trick to the fuel pressure regulator one is to loosen it with a 7mm wrench. Them put your finger on one side of the fuel rail and thumb on the other.........like you are gonna grab the rail.......and twist it out with your fingers. Extensions and swivels make the job easier. The other trick i use is to leave the bolts sitting in the coil pack when i remove/install it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
where can i get these from? it would make plugs a lot easier. its time ot change them

·
Registered
91 Posts
Chris said:
gokorn1 said:
i can't justify spending that kinda money on those, ill run to fastenal and get them
gokorn1... d0000 telll.... I am all ears man!
My plugs should be here anyday now and ill head over to fastenal and see what they can do for me im sure they have them

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
gokorn1 said:
Chris said:
gokorn1 said:
i can't justify spending that kinda money on those, ill run to fastenal and get them
gokorn1... d0000 telll.... I am all ears man!
My plugs should be here anyday now and ill head over to fastenal and see what they can do for me im sure they have them
gokorn1,

Please keep us informed! I am curious to see if they have a setup like that! THIS COULD BE A LIFE/TIMESAVER for us all in dealing with those pesky coil pack bolts! :D

·
Registered
9,791 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Daaaayum G! You never miss a beat, bro. Pretty cool idea with the wing nuts on top. Probably get better torque with those babies by hand. How much you asking for these?

·
Registered
9,791 Posts
After that comment.......................................................

Yes.

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Look at the show off digging up my old Rookie Post so he could push his product :p

[smilie=om

Dam G just think I knew we needed them before they were availabe (or knew they were available) instead I let you and others invent them,
Hey shouldnt I get some kind of royalties OR SOMETHING... :smt102

·
Fat Bastad
2,756 Posts
I was @ NAPA and picked up a 1/4" flexible shaft extension. I'd guess it's about 4" in length. With this extension I can easily have all of the stock COP bolts removed out of the truck in record time. I'd guess 10-15 minutes tops @ a leisurely pace.

It looks similar to this one.

A quick google search led me to this....Only $2.95

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...e+extension&start=20&gbv=2&ndsp=20&hl=en&sa=N

It sure made the job a lot easier. I no longer dread having to change plugs anymore.

Roach

1 - 20 of 29 Posts