Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Wow really?!
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
planning on doing this.. not cutting out all 4 just he rear too just a lil extra noise if anything.. anyone ever do this? did they get a lil more vroom vroom noise out of it? or is it just pointless?

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,683 Posts
it's the backwards way to do it. Exhaust shops just like to do it that way because it's easier for them.

Remove the FRONT cats, they're more restrictive, and replace the rear cats with high flow cats.

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,683 Posts
haha no problem mommy :p

·
Innovator of the Bombassani exhaust
2,428 Posts
it's the backwards way to do it. Exhaust shops just like to do it that way because it's easier for them.

Remove the FRONT cats, they're more restrictive, and replace the rear cats with high flow cats.
My set up...... Great sound out of my Bassani Cat Back

·
My DD is a Crown Vic
355 Posts
I had my rear 2 cut out cause they were bigger so I thought they were more restrictive, after I got to reading on here I learned the front 2 were more restrictive, it did make it louder, i had the magnaflow muffler with internal x installed and it sounds decent but I plan on having the front 2 cut off for a little extra noise

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,677 Posts

:bigtu:bigtu

·
Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
first thing I ever did to my exhaust was just remove the rear cats.... just enough cat to pass emissions.... not much in the performance dept. but it made the stock exhaust sound great!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts