Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
SLW-SVT
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to ditch the cervini in favor of a lightweight stock hood for added weight reduction. I dropped the hood off at a body-shop today to for sure get the wiper nozzles shaved but I'd like to do something done to the unsightly underside as well. My first thoughts are welding a sheet of aluminum to the underside to give me the smoothed off finish of the fiberglass hood. has anybody done this?

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,542 Posts
polished aluminum would look nice, but since that would go against your "theme" paint some spots in black and do some air brushing...

·
Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
since your going for weight savings why add more material.... if you want looks keep the aftermarket

other hand maybe you can do a quick release beauty panel that can come off for racing

·
SLW-SVT
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
since your going for weight savings why add more material.... if you want looks keep the aftermarket

other hand maybe you can do a quick release beauty panel that can come off for racing
I didn't think a thin sheet of aluminum would add that much weight? SS This is already wearing my old hood so aftermarket is not an option

I'm not familiar with the beauty panels that come off for racing?

·
5,194 Posts
can you say custom

·
Registered
2,334 Posts

i get it.

a sheet of highly polished aluminum that's clipped in or latched in for when you park and pop the hood at shows and shit, but when you want to get down the track it clips out or pops out.

you'd just need to come up with a mounting idea.

·
5,194 Posts
there you go..... maybe some half twist butterfly clips or hell you could even rivet it and just drill them out when you want to pop it out.

·
SLW-SVT
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there you go..... maybe some half twist butterfly clips or hell you could even rivet it and just drill them out when you want to pop it out.
Wow, That's exactly what i'll do! Thanks:bigtu

1 - 11 of 11 Posts