Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need my PCM flashed to a factory tune. My predator will not let me backup the stock file because it says its a performance tune. This is a crock of crap, because I just had a buddy of mine pull the tune out with an SCT, and compared it to a stock tune, and it was in fact a stock tune. So the only thing I can conclude is the checksum in the tune is different. The VIN in the tune matches my truck as well.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I need my PCM flashed to a factory tune. My predator will not let me backup the stock file because it says its a performance tune. This is a crock of crap, because I just had a buddy of mine pull the tune out with an SCT, and compared it to a stock tune, and it was in fact a stock tune. So the only thing I can conclude is the checksum in the tune is different. The VIN in the tune matches my truck as well.
What probably happened is they did not send it back to the original tune...I know on the Diablo there is a "factory tune" setting in the selection of tunes...this is not how you do it...you would have to follow the instructions...do you have the hand held tuner that put in your tune...if so you should be able to get your factory tune back out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What probably happened is they did not send it back to the original tune...I know on the Diablo there is a "factory tune" setting in the selection of tunes...this is not how you do it...you would have to follow the instructions...do you have the hand held tuner that put in your tune...if so you should be able to get your factory tune back out.

I bought the tuner used. The tuner just all of a sudden started working. It was being retarded when I tried it I guess

1 - 4 of 4 Posts