Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
GoTomGo
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 02 L got 87 by accident and it seems to run fine no detonation (i didnt know my buddy who borowed it filled it with 87)evan WOT feels and sounds good.any body run it in a mostly stock L?i usualy run 89 or 93 depending on how much money i have on me.and yes i know 87 is crap especialy in a supercharged truck just wondering if im the only one

·
11 Second Club
15,070 Posts
STAY OUT OF BOOST! UR LUCKY IF U WENT WOT AND IS STILL RUNNING.

·
HemiLOL
2,938 Posts
yeah, no boost man, just cruise that shit out lol

·
GoTomGo
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damm i get in the boost regulary on my 90k long block evan with the 87 .im filling up with 93 tommorow

·
11 Second Club
15,070 Posts
aDAMM NEVER USE 87... NO WOT RUNS PLEASE

·
GoTomGo
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
should i hear pinging etc....im not arguing with u guys.just thought it would feel or act different or evan ping or something

·
11 Second Club
15,070 Posts
should i hear pinging etc....im not arguing with u guys.just thought it would feel or act different or evan ping or something
i know ur not just trying to help you out on not blowing ur motor..

·
GoTomGo
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol thats what i told my buddy "didnt you read the ****ing gas gauge where it says premium only"i usualy run 89 in her

·
Likes the corn brew
5,338 Posts
i def dnt have 3500 for a new short block lieing around
wow.....

Definitely, don't, lying

how ever i did see i think the diablo tuner has an 87 octane setting any thoguhts on that?
My only thought is that the predator's base tune is already notorious for blowing up motors, I can't even imagine how awful the tune for 87 octane must be.

·
Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
luckily i have a programer for those situations.......but yah your lucky i got some bad gas one time and threw a plug out of number 3

·
GoTomGo
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
really stay away from predator good advice i was thinking sct with a jj tune.would i be wastingmy time with a dyno tune on a mostly stock L?should i just get jj to gimme a mailorder tune

·
GoTomGo
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i just called my friend with a 99 L and he runs 87 regulary. he drives way easier on his L than i am

·
Gold Member
987 Posts
This has an easy answer run whatever kind of gas you want but like everyone else said it does say premium for a reason i wouldnt run anything but 93 but I love my truck

·
~no fly by zone~
327 Posts
Wow I feel bad for your truck...93 only...take a few minutes to read your owner's manuals...or one second to look at the gauge cluster...please stay away from 89 too!

·
GoTomGo
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just new to modular motors and obd II.im a auto technician by trade just have benn building harley and 5.0s my whole life.i usualy pully some timing and fatten the fuel up in a mustang and i can run just fine on 87 with a lack of power

1 - 20 of 80 Posts