Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
sweet03cobra
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I posted on here earlier, put my truck in storage, had to get it out early so put the battery back in and it wouldn't start. Well at first thought the key went bad, that wasn't it. Anyhow, to sum this up I got it going and the #8 fuse under the dash keeps blowing. I have everything but power windows and the stereo. I have ran every wire, pulled the dash apart and unplugged the stereo but nothing. As soon and I turn the key, just to accessory it immediately blows. Nothing was changed or altered. No mice, no water, everything is clean as can be. I was going to tear apart the doors next and unplug the window motors and see if something is sticking and doing it? I'm at my last nerve right now. Any pointers or anyone who had a problem like this, you help would be appreciated. Some have mentioned the GEM, if it was on the fritz would everything work perfect but just those two things? Thanks

·
10 SECOND CLUB!
898 Posts
My windows didn't work and it was the GEM module

·
local painter
2,839 Posts
Take your old GEM apart once you remove it. If it has green crap growing on the circuit board you most likely need to have your windshield removed and resealed. Also if this is the case and you continue to have the same issue after replacing the GEM than your fuse box is also compromised.

·
sweet03cobra
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, I don't know if it is my windshield, truck is a garage queen but I suppose it could happen when I am washing it. Yeah I'm going to wait for the one I bought to come, put it in and if it is the solution I will take it apart and let yal know. Yeah I even took apart the door panels and stereo and traced the wires to see if I could see a damaged wire last night, nothing. Still blows #8.

·
sweet03cobra
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so got the fuse box and gem module out, opened up the gem and it looks brand new inside, so I guess we will see, the part will be here tuesday and hopefully that solves my problems, if not yal think fuse box? There is no fuse or relay besides number 8 that would cause it to blow everytime would it?

·
sweet03cobra
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so got the new gem box in today, same stuff. #8 pops as soon as you turn the key. Guess back to the drawing board. Just find it funny that it is only number 8. I ripped out the stereo and ran the wires, no issues. took apart box door panels, no bare wires. Only this that was changed since this started was the battery was taken out and kept in a heated garage for 2 months, then charged and put back in. I just don't get it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Try unplugging the window switch on the driver door. And look at the wiring in the rubber boot between the door and cab. I have seen bad wiring in there b4.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Try unplugging the window switch on the driver door. And look at the wiring in the rubber boot between the door and cab. I have seen bad wiring in there b4.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts