Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of a smoking deal on a long block; I would like to have ported heads and stage 3 cams as well.

Looks like I will be in a legal battle for a few months over my last engine that eat it's self up.

Peace,

Suavy :sad:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Suavy,

Brother, you've had a tough time with this truck. I really admire your attitude. I don't think I could be as good about it as you have been. I felt sick when I read you oil pressure thread.

I'll keep my eyes open, and maybe a vendor will step up and help you out. You know you have my help if I can do anything.

Jody

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
camcojb said:
Suavy,

Brother, you've had a tough time with this truck. I really admire your attitude. I don't think I could be as good about it as you have been. I felt sick when I read you oil pressure thread.

I'll keep my eyes open, and maybe a vendor will step up and help you out. You know you have my help if I can do anything.

Jody
Thank's Jody, as far as my adittude it laks to be desired today. I too am hoping that one of the vendores will offer me a ray of hope!

Peace,

Suavy

·
Brick Aviator
338 Posts
Yea that sucks,....so much good info i gotten from your posts,..i would be willing to throw in for a deal like superfords got if it would help.
yes i know you didnt ask for help.

if i were you i would be running around pulling my hair out screaming for help. [smilie=fingersx.gif]

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Taw said:
Yea that sucks,....so much good info i gotten from your posts,..i would be willing to throw in for a deal like superfords got if it would help.
yes i know you didnt ask for help.

if i were you i would be running around pulling my hair out screaming for help. [smilie=fingersx.gif]
I am!

My lawyers say not to worry!

What chaps my azzz is that even if we settle I won't have all the little extras it took me 3 years to put together.

I had some great hollowed out heads and intake to match. Heck it cost me 800 bucks for the porting alone not to mention my new stage 3 cams that are toast now! Never even got one WOT blast out of it!

If it's any difference to the do it your self'ers! I would do it my self all over again but with a diffrent builder! [smilie=eek4.gif]

Peace,

Suavy

·
Registered
207 Posts
Was it a local builder Suavy? Or was it one of the big ones? I wish I could help out in some way, but all my parts are paperweights - all destroyed when the rod let go. Let me know if there is anything I can do! And good luck with the lawyers - they'll know how to fight for you. Be sure that they understand EVERYTHING that is lost, not just the hard parts, but the labor behind the hard parts.

Herb

·
El duderino
13,077 Posts
if you don't mind saying, who was the builder?

G

·
If you need a core bare block, I have an 02 that's already been bored .020 over. Although I doubt any of the vendors would accept that. If they do, and it's still around my shop, it's yours.

If not, I might have a set of new 03 heads as well.

·
El duderino
13,077 Posts
i have a crank you could maybe use. might need to be turned, but i ahven't checked it yet.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
herb101 said:
Was it a local builder Suavy?  Or was it one of the big ones?  I wish I could help out in some way, but all my parts are paperweights - all destroyed when the rod let go.  Let me know if there is anything I can do!  And good luck with the lawyers - they'll know how to fight for you.  Be sure that they understand EVERYTHING that is lost, not just the hard parts, but the labor behind the hard parts.

Herb
Thank you, it was not any of the big 4 it was a well established parts place. I have also been blessed with some great council from Tim Skelton who understands the race world and who is a gifted lawyer.

Suavy

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rob_02Lightning said:
Suavy, so sorry again  :sad:

BTW
You have mail
Thanks Rob, I got it and that was the info I was looking for. Put a good word in for me with your contacts. Maybe some one will find me worthy!

Peace,

Suavy

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bet on black said:
if you don't mind saying, who was the builder?
I don't mind saying but give me a week until I get back from Texas. My lawyers will have time to review my case and council me on what not to say.

Peace,

Suavy

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wydopnthrtl said:
Sauvy,  I'm local and will help in any way I can.

Why not go the 4v route this time?  [smilie=ughug.gif]

Rich
I know you are Rich, matter of fact I will be calling on you and a couple other when it's time to put it back in. The lord has open a door at this time beyond my wildest dream. I must maintain my faith and trust him to deliver me! Rich, call me latter I have a little info I will share with you.

Peace, Suavy

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ryan Allen said:
If you need a core bare block, I have an 02 that's already been bored .020 over.  Although I doubt any of the vendors would accept that.  If they do, and it's still around my shop, it's yours. 

If not, I might have a set of new 03 heads as well.
Ryan thank you, dose it still need to be honed again? I have a new set of pistons that I got from JDM that are scuffed but can be coated and reused I think.

I have 2 blocks they are bored .03" over but both need to be honed another .005" to clean them up. If push comes to shove I will install one of them with new pistons. I will just have to settle for low boost.

Thank you Ryan,

Peace,

Suavy

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Let me know if there is anything I can do G. I'm here for ya.

As you know, I dont "carry" longblocks, but I'll talk to JL this week and see what we can do for you.

Not promising anything other than making an effort on your behalf. Hang in there bud.

[email protected]
Thank you JJ, I know that you and JL are there for me as you all have always been! I trust and value both of your guidance.

Peace,

Suavy

·
El duderino
13,077 Posts
where in tx are you, i am in houston :smt004

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.