Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
if i was a betting man i would say it is the oil cooler adapter/plate leaking...

seen it a bunch on our vans at work...

·
Innovator of the Bombassani exhaust
2,428 Posts
see below

·
Innovator of the Bombassani exhaust
2,428 Posts
if i was a betting man i would say it is the oil cooler adapter/plate leaking...

seen it a bunch on our vans at work...
Did not think of that!!! +1

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oil coming out of antifreeze overflow tank

OK i called ford and they said it was OK to put back together it was only condensation. Now how do i flush this shit out of my cooling system and wear do i get a oil cooler

·
Shockn Em' Since 86!
2,187 Posts
If it was just a little foam at the neck then it's fine but if it's in the oil when you change it then you have a problem with the oil adapter on the side of the block

·
NO RAGRETS!!!
12,119 Posts
You are talking about two or three different things. If there is any green or yellow antifreeze present from the oil filter/cooler housing the cooler is bad. Remove the filter and pressure test the cooling system. If ANY coolant is present at the oil filter mount........... do not drive the truck until you get a replacement oil cooler assembly.
The muck in your cooling system is you oil getting into the cooling system. I would be more concerned with water getting into you oil system.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
part no##

You are talking about two or three different things. If there is any green or yellow antifreeze present from the oil filter/cooler housing the cooler is bad. Remove the filter and pressure test the cooling system. If ANY coolant is present at the oil filter mount........... do not drive the truck until you get a replacement oil cooler assembly.
The muck in your cooling system is you oil getting into the cooling system. I would be more concerned with water getting into you oil system.
I know it is the oil cooler i need the part no##

1 - 10 of 10 Posts