Lightning Rodder banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Harley Davidson F-150
112 Posts
Very nice. Im saving now for a new motor that I'm planning to put a m122 on. I have JJ lifetime tuning package but he refuses to tune any setups with 80lb injectors so the new setup will be tuned by another well known tuner that already told me he has no issue handling it. I loved how my truck ran on his tuning however. Your truck sounds like it's a fun ride ..

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
12,302 Posts
I’d get some ID1000x over the 80’s.
Must tuners have already done the fine tuning work on the ID’s

·
Registered
2002 Harley Davidson F-150
112 Posts
Already paid for and have the 80's... My truck will be a full JLP truck. From longblock to tune. I'm good with it. I'd love to have Eric Korn do the tuning. Especially since he is closer to me, and I can get the truck to him to tune it in person, but getting that guy to answer a message or email is like getting getting a pro gun bill through Congress. It's not happening. Lol... I'm good with letting Johnny tune it though. He's not a heavy hitter for no reason

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Very nice. Im saving now for a new motor that I'm planning to put a m122 on. I have JJ lifetime tuning package but he refuses to tune any setups with 80lb injectors so the new setup will be tuned by another well known tuner that already told me he has no issue handling it. I loved how my truck ran on his tuning however. Your truck sounds like it's a fun ride ..
you will enjoy the m122 no doubt very fun blower I had one before the tvs and enjoyed it very much but wanted more so when I would pulley it aggressive on it it would pull timing quickly in warmer weather. But it sure did help get the truck moving better on a aggressive pulley combo. Only drawback it would hit the wall sooner the faster you spun it and just stop pulling after it reached to a point air couldn't move efficiently.

The 80lbs are a hit and miss, but JJ perfers ID or DW injectors due to as mention the data on them to get them dial in consistently and avoid issues overall.

The truck tvs setup is awesome overall due to it compliments the 5.4 the way it makes power downlow and midrange with slightly improvements up top when spun harder. But tvs wants more and isn't pulling any timing so trying the 10lb lower once I get a hit on the meth injection adjusted settings and see if truck doesn't bog with it anymore. Overall the eaton technology is great and don't know why they never offered a tvs on our platform as an option atleast before.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
got a appointment in houston dark night specialties and the okay from JJ to strap truxk on the dyno. I won't dyno the 17psi(2lb crank pulley) since the same tune at 10* doesn't take advantage of it, and while I got my other tune with bit more timing am only getting a 1hr for dyno pulls and don't want to swap tune for just that pulley.

I be just swap to the 19psi(4lb), 21psi (6lb), 23psi(8lb) and 23psi+ (10lb) if it's still climbing but doubt boost will increase anymore.

It will be on 93oct with boostane for 100 octane, though not tuned for it I am depending more on boost than timing changes in the tune at 9:0:1 compression.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts