Lightning Rodder banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Time to boggy 2.4 upper with added 8lb to see how it fairs with the fully 1320junkie fab and port, even got a 10lb lower to see if it still moves air without any boost increase showing as by Billet pro shop

·
Registered
25 Posts
2.3 tvs and 45* elbow ported by jps with a 2.6 upper and a 6.55” lower 14.5 psi,170mm tb, 127mm jlt, Id1000 injectors, 97 rails ,2-255 pumps and e85 made 550whp on a stock engine without headers. Get the air in as easy as posable. Flow is the name of the game.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
2.3 tvs and 45* elbow ported by jps with a 2.6 upper and a 6.55” lower 14.5 psi,170mm tb, 127mm jlt, Id1000 injectors, 97 rails ,2-255 pumps and e85 made 550whp on a stock engine without headers. Get the air in as easy as posable. Flow is the name of the game.
for sure man the vmp couldn't keep up anymore anything past 23psi even with a vmp highflow elbow and a adapter to run a 13/14 trinity power by the hour xba 168kb elbow. The trinity I have now is the same exact modified and ported that gt500 use to make 1000rwhp from 1320junkie.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Update* going from my ported vmp gen 1 tvs to a 1320junkie ported and cut/weld trinity tvs same pulley of 2.4 upper and 2lb lower I dropped 2psi with the bigger better blower case with some case resurface for rotor clearance. Previous boost was 18-19psi and now 16-17psi. Truck is up 30hp from just case swap on same tune. The same happened with a 2.4 upper and 4lb lower. Previous boost was 20-21psi and now 18-19psi aswell confirming constant 30hp on same tune. I will post datalogs pictures before and after and the gap begins at 100mph between both blower cases.

Still next is my old 2.4 upper and 6lb lower for 22-23psi and expect it to be now 20-21psi so blower is making more power on same pulleys and same tune, but showing less boost on improved blower case with the new added airflow of things. So things look like I will be allowed to run more aggressive blower rpm speeds than before of 21,000 and blower will allow for power to still be made spinning at 23,000 at 10* timing. My engine is a 9:0:1 so lean more on the boost side of things.

So in betters words the 1320junkie modified trinity tvs is making more power to that of a pulley swap gain without spinning faster than before to make the boost. But now I have to spin it faster to gain back lost boost and it's a whole can of worms now doing it and gain twice the power at the same boost before.

Credit to my tuner jj at woodbine.

I will update with log pictures and video of go pro before.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Didn't install my LFP deuce idlers for more belt wrap due to one came defected from bearing. So waiting for the exchanged one. But still had minor belt slip on the 2.4 upper with 8lb lower on the trinity blower. But runs good and JJ has it safe on 10* timing. Iat2 were 120-130 on the pull after driving for 30min before making a pull on the way to work.

Here is a fail on meth injection have to dial it in since it's coming on to soon on the hit its a small 370ml nozzle mostly for cooling but had to abort pull here.

This TVS love to be spun no such thing as too much rpm on them. No issues even with my previous vmp 2.3

·
10 second street truck
12,209 Posts
Didn't install my LFP deuce idlers for more belt wrap due to one came defected from bearing. So waiting for the exchanged one. But still had minor belt slip on the 2.4 upper with 8lb lower on the trinity blower. But runs good and JJ has it safe on 10* timing. Iat2 were 120-130 on the pull after driving for 30min before making a pull on the way to work.

Here is a fail on meth injection have to dial it in since it's coming on to soon on the hit its a small 370ml nozzle mostly for cooling but had to abort pull here.

This TVS love to be spun no such thing as too much rpm on them. No issues even with my previous vmp 2.3
There is "to much rpm" on any blower. You reach a point of diminishing returns in regards to power gained vs intake temps.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Here is a one with a minor wot down low but abort to avoid going sideways. Whine is loud so TVS are far from quiet when spun correctly on this trucks.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
There is "to much rpm" on any blower. You reach a point of diminishing returns in regards to power gained vs intake temps.
My temps are in control dustin and been in control racing it in houston heat. So don't know what to tell you when I drive it everyday and far from a weekend toy.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I post my log and can show I got on it back to back and blower rpm is 21,374 currently on it. I be racing it at TX2k houston again

·
10 second street truck
12,209 Posts
My temps are in control dustin and been in control racing it in houston heat. So don't know what to tell you when I drive it everyday and far from a weekend toy.
Did I say you were over spinning it? Or did I say that any blower can be over spun?

Read. Comprehend. Then respond.

·
10 second street truck
12,209 Posts
I post my log and can show I got on it back to back and blower rpm is 21,374 currently on it. I be racing it at TX2k houston again

Have fun at tx2k. Mine will continue to sit in the shop and collect dust because I hate owning it, but can't sell it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Did I say you were over spinning it? Or did I say that any blower can be over spun?

Read. Comprehend. Then respond.
You on my shit correct so who is asking for your 2 cents when nothing on your shit has to do with mine. Again I don't drive my shit and make a pass and park it I drive my shit around and race it and drive it so anything I say is true. I don't see you around so anything you say means nothing if you aint in Texas or Houston. The tvs works never I said it's the only thing that can be overspun or diminish returns. Simply it has more than others spin them too on 2v.

·
10 second street truck
12,209 Posts
You on my shit correct so who is asking for your 2 cents when nothing on your shit has to do with mine. Again I don't drive my shit and make a pass and park it I drive my shit around and race it and drive it so anything I say is true. I don't see you around so anything you say means nothing if you aint in Texas or Houston. The tvs works never I said it's the only thing that can be overspun or diminish returns. Simply it has more than others spin them too.
Wow what a mouthy cunt.

First you misread my post
Then you get lippy.
Then I correct you and you flap your cunt lips some more.

I used to drive the shit out of my truck. I've had it 11 years. I've lost enjoyment in it and it sits.
My trucks made 100s of track passes and more on the street.

And no, I'm not in Texas, because that states a fucking shit hole.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Wow what a mouthy cunt.

First you misread my post
Then you get lippy.
Then I correct you and you flap your cunt lips some more.

I used to drive the shit out of my truck. I've had it 11 years. I've lost enjoyment in it and it sits.
My trucks made 100s of track passes and more on the street.

And no, I'm not in Texas, because that states a fucking shit hole.
Again nothing to do with me..so talk away I don't see you around...so your insults mean shit here or anywhere.

But hey TX2K is around the corner tough guy.

·
10 second street truck
12,209 Posts
Again nothing to do with me..so talk away I don't see you around...so your insults mean shit here or anywhere.

But hey TX2K is around the corner tough guy.
I have 4000 things I'd rather do than go to tx2k.
I havent driven my truck in probably 4 months. It's getting moved to storage next month and it'll sit there for at least a year. Street racing and shit box trucks just aren't important.

My daughter has a selects softball tournament that weekend.
Rectangle Font Screenshot Circle Paper

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I have 4000 things I'd rather do than go to tx2k.
I havent driven my truck in probably 4 months. It's getting moved to storage next month and it'll sit there for at least a year. Street racing and shit box trucks just aren't important.

My daughter has a selects softball tournament that weekend. View attachment 547007
dustin I appreciate your input and if I misread your message my apologies. I simply am saying the tvs can be spun without fear of the rotors locking up. But important I did mention my case has been resurfaced for rotor clearance if spun harder in the future. I understand everything has a limit my wording was thrown out to say loosely the lightning can benefit from the pulleys similar to what the gt500 guys are running without fear of 2v vs 4v difference.

I know your one of the OG in the community, but I simply trying to show insight to the tvs since not many mention it anymore as before when many midplates were coming out. I understand many things are priority I am simply saying from a racing point and nothing personal. Family comes first before any of this stuff I agree with you dustin. Hopefully you get back on your 2.9 whipple lightning I know its a bad truck.

·
Administrator
18,618 Posts
I am interested in seeing anyone run some good times with this blower. Fred and myself and Uncle Frank have shown what a 2.3 Whipple can do. If another blower has better potential I want to see.

Jim

·
10 second street truck
12,209 Posts
I hope he pushes it to the limit. I just was stating that every blower has an rpm limit.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I am interested in seeing anyone run some good times with this blower. Fred and myself and Uncle Frank have shown what a 2.3 Whipple can do. If another blower has better potential I want to see.

Jim
That is the goal Jim just sharing insight of it with the new 1320junkie tvs case in comparision to my previous vmp gen 1 tvs. This one is allowing me to spin it harder than before and been seeing 2psi less in each pulley combo with trinity case than before. So I know I found my restriction from the previous blower tvs. So I be updating again now that I am back on track.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I am just waiting for JJ to ship me the fuel rails when he gets shipment for them. But my truck isn't tuned aggressive on timing. But as I spin blower harder it makes up the lack of timing in the tune. Which I heard it's better to run boost than timing. Once I install rails i hit the track when they remove the christmas lights at houston baytown track since no track racing since the holidays. I do have a 10lb pulley that I will try and see how it does downlow to mid at the track. Don't expect it to increase boost, just to see if it helps at the track and any imrpovements with it. truck is tuned very safe and iat2 don't climb.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts