Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have modded GMs, this is my first Ford. It is an 02 quad cab 4x4 with the 5.4 that I picked up for a bargain, well I can't leave anything alone and she is way underpowered for me. Looking at picking up an 03 lightning/HD motor and adding the MP122 from the GT500. It will be a long process and I am am working to get everything in place i.e. upgraded fuel pump, larger radiator, electric fans, intercooler, pump and reservoir all done ahead of the swap. Also considering rods and perhaps valve springs now for future power upgrades. It will not be run hard so the trans will have to wait for now (maybe a shift kit in the meantime). I need 1. tow power 2. more get up and go.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Welcome to the addiction! There’s tons of information and a handful of us 4x4 guys here. Best of luck with your build. I’d recommend you spend the time and money on a refreshing of internals now...you’ll thank yourself once you start making more power. It can be done on stock internals, but an 02’ has got to have some wear on it.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Welcome, from your fellow 4x4 swap guys!

·
local painter
2,589 Posts
Welcome to LR! :bigtu

I can help with the M122 swap👍🏻

1 - 5 of 5 Posts