Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
depends on what kinda 500w amp it is. not all amps are true 500w. if its a JL Audio amp then yes. An Alpine, Rockford, Kicker 500-750w are all good and will work

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
It should make them sound really good and clean.with the 500watts jl amp. That's what I would go with. The 1000 I think is too much for that size box combo.

·
Fat Bastad
2,756 Posts
I agree with that the JL 500/1 would do a good job and his asking price is pretty good as well. Not just any old advertised 500w amp will do though!!! You get what you pay for so don't be fooled by the claims of some of the cheaper stuff that you see advertised. My cousin went that route and his so called powerful amp crapped out after just a little while of use. A decent 1000wt amp would run them nice as well. Generally speaking speakers get damaged more easily by pushing them hard with amps that are too low on power vs amps that are rated higher than recommened.

Roach

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.