Lightning Rodder banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts
i had similar situation happen back in 2002 i was 17 at the time working and going to school i almost had my parents talked into helping me get a lightning. My uncle comes home from out of town and tell me he found a 99 white ford lightning 90k miles and guy wants $12500 for it. he had some pics of the front end and lightning emblems but nothing else.

I called the guy that owned the truck and spoke to him and his dad and both told me it was a 99 ford lightning. so me and my dad make the 4hour drive to look at this truck and soon as i pulled up it had a regular back bed on it and i was like **** that isnt a lightning. got to looking at it and it was a 99 f-150 with lightning wheels, front clip and badges. had a 4.6 v8.

I cused the guy up oneside and down the other because he assured me over the phone it was lightning. after i was done blowing off the steam he had the nerve to ask me well do you still want to drive it, its pretty fast. i just got in the truck and drove home PISSED.

Discussion starter · #42 ·
i had similar situation happen back in 2002 i was 17 at the time working and going to school i almost had my parents talked into helping me get a lightning. My uncle comes home from out of town and tell me he found a 99 white ford lightning 90k miles and guy wants $12500 for it. he had some pics of the front end and lightning emblems but nothing else.

I called the guy that owned the truck and spoke to him and his dad and both told me it was a 99 ford lightning. so me and my dad make the 4hour drive to look at this truck and soon as i pulled up it had a regular back bed on it and i was like **** that isnt a lightning. got to looking at it and it was a 99 f-150 with lightning wheels, front clip and badges. had a 4.6 v8.

I cused the guy up oneside and down the other because he assured me over the phone it was lightning. after i was done blowing off the steam he had the nerve to ask me well do you still want to drive it, its pretty fast. i just got in the truck and drove home PISSED.
wow man yea that sucks,...this guy i think got duped and is trying to pass it off on someone else. I mean it has full interioir, engine, ground effects, exhaust, all the stuff but the vin doesnt lie. Once im confronted him about it,..he then refused to give me my money back. I thought that was chickensh*t. Made him no better then a scammer. I got his real address off paypal and told him if he didnt send it back then i was taking him to small claims court in tx for deceptive trade. I explained to him I could be entitled up to 3x's the amount. Paypal sided with him because it was a non-tangible item. I argued my point that this was a deposit and a down payment on a vehicle because it went towards the price of the vehicle which is a physical piece of property. So basically I learned a dishonest person could sell a car in a state that has no deceptive trade penalties and sell it to people in other states that are the same and rip them off for their deposits and paypal is 100% ok with that.

wow man yea that sucks,...this guy i think got duped and is trying to pass it off on someone else. I mean it has full interioir, engine, ground effects, exhaust, all the stuff but the vin doesnt lie. Once im confronted him about it,..he then refused to give me my money back. I thought that was chickensh*t. Made him no better then a scammer. I got his real address off paypal and told him if he didnt send it back then i was taking him to small claims court in tx for deceptive trade. I explained to him I could be entitled up to 3x's the amount. Paypal sided with him because it was a non-tangible item. I argued my point that this was a deposit and a down payment on a vehicle because it went towards the price of the vehicle which is a physical piece of property. So basically I learned a dishonest person could sell a car in a state that has no deceptive trade penalties and sell it to people in other states that are the same and rip them off for their deposits and paypal is 100% ok with that.
yea ive never dealt with paypal and crap like that is why i hate dealin with it. also hate dealin with people about stuff unless they are close enough i can drive and get the stuff and pay them on the spot. u just never know who your dealing with. too many people are tryin to screw people over nowadays and it screws it up for those who are honest about shit. the people on here are the only ones id deal with in all honesty. and even at that it would only be with people who have been around awhile and have a good selling history.

Discussion starter · #44 ·
yea ive never dealt with paypal and crap like that is why i hate dealin with it. also hate dealin with people about stuff unless they are close enough i can drive and get the stuff and pay them on the spot. u just never know who your dealing with. too many people are tryin to screw people over nowadays and it screws it up for those who are honest about shit. the people on here are the only ones id deal with in all honesty. and even at that it would only be with people who have been around awhile and have a good selling history.
yea i know what you mean man. i made the deposit small because i always pay in person. this just goes to show though how corrupt people can be. the guy was helpful and cool all the way up until i confronted him with about the vin, then it was like almost instantaneoulsy he transformed into a jerk off and told me to bad about my deposit i couldnt have it back yahta yahta.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.