Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Put the wet stuff on the red stuff
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was buying a 2001 ford lightning and was getting it shipped from kentucky to tx. I dont know why I didnt think to do this earlier,.. my own fault,..but I ran the vin,..it isnt even in the same ball park as a lightning vin,...lightnings start with 2ft this is a 1ft. So now im just SOL! I parted out my honda which had a fully bult and sleeved engine with a precision sc61 turbo making 488hp on pump and 605race. I sold the tranny the other day and I have the bare block,crank, bearings, and head studs boxed up to be shipped with the usps money order on the way :smt013. I was getting this one for a decent deal,..nothing outrageous that flagged scam. So now i have half my of my old car and no ford lightning. What a wonderful day.

·
Carpe diem
10,810 Posts
sucks, but you should have checked that! at least you have some cash from partin out the car so you have some money for a REAL lightning theyre for sale everywhere good luck on your quest

·
Registered
26 Posts
i know which one your talking about i about bought it back a month ago until i ran the vin and saw the same thing, is it silver with black wheels?

·
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much was that L? Plenty of them selling for under 10k
7500,..was getting it for 7k it needed a tailgate and bumper, and just a smidge of love,..they guy didnt know so im going to get my deposit back, but now im down sh*t creek for the moment,..ohwell i guess on the bright side things could have been much worse. I'm just trying to keep it 01 and up.

·
Premium Member
3,894 Posts
Funny thing now if more than one person says they almost bought it and found out it wasn't a real L but this guy still doesnt understand that a month later. Sounds more like he is trying to scam someone who doesnt know better or doesn't bother to do the research. If has been up for sale for a bit I bet someone mentioned it wasn't a real L to the dude. But maybe it is just me

·
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Per chance is it this one. Almost seems like someone got a crashed L and did some transplanting then lost interest.

http://huntington.craigslist.org/cto/1991631875.html

Thought I saw something odd in the add

diablosport tuner, trans shift kit, trans line mod, 3.90 gears.
Yep thats it, i figured the 3.90 were added later some people like to change stock gears. he has my deposit,..so im going to request it back,..if not ill just file on him under tx law for deceptive trade and get triple damages,..doubt he will pay it but ill put a judgement against him.

·
11 Second Club
15,062 Posts
Damm facken Bastard... I hope everything works out for you man

·
Premium Member
3,894 Posts
You can't get 3.90 gears for our trucks, not without major axle surgery. IE install a 8.8" or 9" axle

Gear ratio's for our trucks are 3.55, 3.73, 4.10 no one makes 3.90 for Ford 9.75" axle

·
no more L for me
295 Posts
It's a 2000 older than you want, at this point I am cutting my losses and wanting to get at least 10k, and was offered 9500k trade in today

·
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You can't get 3.90 gears for our trucks, not without major axle surgery. IE install a 8.8" or 9" axle

Gear ratio's for our trucks are 3.55, 3.73, 4.10 no one makes 3.90 for Ford 9.75" axle
ahhhh wonder what inch rear end is a on v6,..cause i ran the vin and its a v6. It's 1ftz17211na88130.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
18 Participants
KornFed
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing