Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been a deluge of SPAM threads the last two days. I found out I can delete them. I am the moderator of the Oklahoma forum, but does that extend to being able to delete SPAM? Because I just deleted like six SPAM threads. Up at the top right corner of every post, there is a vertical box of three dots. Top of the list for me is SPAM. I clicked that, and got a dialogue box that has a "button" to click that says CLEAN. Clicked that and the posts went away. I didn't know I could do this. NICE!!!

Attachments

·
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine does have the report at the bottom of that list. But SPAM is numero uno. Oh well, if Ive been blessed with being able to delete SPAM posts, I'll take it as a good thing. Don't worry guys, I won't delete anything but absolute SPAM! It's dirty job, but someone has to do it. LOL!!

I didn't think my moderator status extended outside of the Oklahoma forum.

·
Administrator
18,222 Posts
I am not sure what levels of control each Mod has. Rob set this all up in the past. I never asked what he enabled. I used to be able to delete spam and suspend the spammer a week to give Rob time to delete the account. I can't find that option since the site update.

Jim

·
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently all I can do is delete the spam post. That works for me. I'll do my best to keep all the spam I see off the site. Judging from what C.D. posted, I am not the only one who despises spam.

·
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Deleted another SPAM post just this moment. Damn SPAM!

·
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I figured it out, I've deleted about 20 in the past few days..
You're the man! You're evidently on here more than I am. I have a life away from the computer. LOL!!

But between you and I, we'll keep the damn SPAM away from this site.

Them Spammers can just go and kill themselves, far as I'm concerned. Fall on a sword as it were.

Attachments

·
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Two more just bit the dust. Where do these asshats come from?

·
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That one was only here one moment. LMAO!!!

·
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Betcha he was fuming! LMAO!

·
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And, there goes another. Was barely here a minute. LOL! I sure enjoy being able to whack Spammers!

·
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sneaky bastages tried to put SPAM in the GEN. II parts for sale forum. Fuck them!

·
11 second street truck
10,335 Posts
There bots... They just put the post wherever
Friggin eh

·
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This shit is becoming an every day event. Two today, two yesterday. I wish I could zap the motherfuckin infuriating SSDD ads like I can zap the spam.

·
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just cleaned up a whole bunch of stupid spam from the Introduction section. I've not checked there recently. I'll keep an eye on it now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts