Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2001 L and have a run a best of 12.27 @ 111.39 out here in Hawaii, the air temp was 79 degrees and the humdity was 70 +, my sixty foot was a not so good 1.82. I am soon to be stationed in Florida where it appears to be a considerable amount cooler, at least at night. My question is, what are your experiences and thoughts when it comes to air temps and how they effect ET's. I understand the theory, the hotter/humid it is, the slower you'll run, especially supercharged vehicles. I'm shooting for 11's. Thanks for you input.

·
Registered
261 Posts
The rule of thumb is that every 10 degree decrease in intake temps, equals a 1% power increase. I'm not sure what the differences are in elevation from Hawaii and Florida?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm...maybe a 1/10th then if it drops to 59. Was really hoping for a bit more, but oh well. Thanks for the info. How about humdity? I'm reaching here.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I wouldn't count on Florida being much better for racing. It is Damn Hot down there. You want cool air head north my man, hehe
If you get there during the Winter you might be able to catch some cool air, but it is like Hell in the summer.

Work on your 60" times thats where you will improve ET's

1 - 4 of 4 Posts