Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought my Lightning and have been chasing this dudes hack bs. He legit made this thing an absolute mess. So can someone please tell me where the lines on the bottom of the air box go. It’s running terrible and this is 100% the cause. There’s a tiny line it looks like that’s broken and the other one just was hanging. Any help would be appreciated.

· Registered
305 Posts
there are three hoses tiny one goes to the boost actuator, the smaller of the two big hoses goes to the driver side valve cover, and the larger goes to the plenum near the idle air controller if you need any i make custom hoses for all of this

· Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,632 Posts
And the smallest one, you can do without it. It's just a hose that lets the boosy bypass valve move using filtered air. I deleted mine years ago. put a 90 elbow on the actuator facing down and capped off the port on the bottom of the intake elbow. It just eliminates one more damn hose. The midsized one is the hose that provides filtered air for the PCV system. The largest one provides filtered air for the IAC to do it's job.

SVT Tim makes some awesome hoses to replace all those. The largest one for the IAC goes around behind the blower, instead of in front of it. Uses a 180 degree elbow to
do this. The other item in the picture is an oil separator. Keeps oil out of the intake, and more importantly the intercooler.

Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Auto part Automotive air manifold

· Senior Master FoMoCo Tech
17 Posts
there are three hoses tiny one goes to the boost actuator, the smaller of the two big hoses goes to the driver side valve cover, and the larger goes to the plenum near the idle air controller if you need any i make custom hoses for all of this
Do you have any pictures of your custom pieces handy? I'd like to see them.

11,632 Posts
Do you have any pictures of your custom pieces handy? I'd like to see them.
I sent you a pm with Tim's phone number. If you text him, he will send pics in that manner. Maybe he'll post some here as well?

· 10 second street truck
13,158 Posts
And the smallest one, you can do without it. It's just a hose that lets the boosy bypass valve move using filtered air. I deleted mine years ago. put a 90 elbow on the actuator facing down and capped off the port on the bottom of the intake elbow. It just eliminates one more damn hose. The midsized one is the hose that provides filtered air for the PCV system. The largest one provides filtered air for the IAC to do it's job.

SVT Tim makes some awesome hoses to replace all those. The largest one for the IAC goes around behind the blower, instead of in front of it. Uses a 180 degree elbow to
do this. The other item in the picture is an oil separator. Keeps oil out of the intake, and more importantly the intercooler.

View attachment 549638

All the aftermarket blowers only have 1 fitting on the bypass

11,632 Posts
All the aftermarket blowers only have 1 fitting on the bypass
That I didn't know. My MP uses the stock bypass which has two fittings. One is a vacuum hose, the other just a breather hose. A 90 degree elbow put on the breather fitting, pointing down to keep stuff from getting into it, works fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts