Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Harley #5735
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Aeroforce Gauge I have the boost sensor I know I need to get other parts to complete the install, but cant find what else is needed can someone help me?

·
Harley #5735
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
350 Posts
I just put mine in too the vacuum line where my stock boost gauge hooked up at
And if you still want to use your stock boost gauge you can buy a little t and small piece of vacuum

·
Harley #5735
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just put mine in too the vacuum line where my stock boost gauge hooked up at
And if you still want to use your stock boost gauge you can buy a little t and small piece of vacuum
Harley's don't have factory boost gauges.

·
Jeffv333
2,234 Posts
Ok, when I get the chance I'll post a pic of where you want the gauge to tap in to measure boost. If the set up didn't come with vac hoses, then you will need to buy a vac hose about 5ft should be more than enough I think.

Have you wired everything already? Or do you need to know where to mount sensor etc.?

·
Stock block 11 second club
10,556 Posts
Sight unseen I'm not sure if your application requires rubber vacuum/boost line or if you need the clear nylon boost tube used to install a mechanical vacuum/boost gauge. Regardless, both can be purchased at your local auto parts store.

For images of the nylon boost line do a google search for "Auto Meter 3223." This is the part number for Auto Meter's clear nylon boost line which come with some ferrules for install.

Rubber vacuum line and various t-fittings, y-fitting, etc. are cheap.

For the gauge to function properly you need to tie into a vacuum/boost reference. I recommend using the vacuum/boost reference for the fuel pressure regulator (FPR). Look on the driver side fuel rail, you will find the FPR. Tap into that line for your gauge. To route the line to the gauge you can pass through the large rubber grommet located on the firewall next to the brake booster, this is the easiest place pass through the firewall.

·
Harley #5735
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, when I get the chance I'll post a pic of where you want the gauge to tap in to measure boost. If the set up didn't come with vac hoses, then you will need to buy a vac hose about 5ft should be more than enough I think.

Have you wired everything already? Or do you need to know where to mount sensor etc.?
No, I haven't wired anything except the gauge

·
Harley #5735
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, would the vacuum hose be 3/16th?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts