Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be upgrading my AEM A/F gauge to another brand. This gauge has been giving me some problems lately and I watch this gauge more than any other gauge on and off the track. Just looking for some feedback from the members. I will also be relocating my sensor closer to the header to avoid lead build from C16.

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts
Innovative works great. I have an AEM as well, so far so good, I also have about 2 gallons of C16 mixed with my 93.

·
never enough
809 Posts
i just put in the mtx-L last week ( so i dont have long term experience with it) but it works great.

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts
I dumped 10 gallons of 114 into about a quarter tank of 93. My Innovate MTX-L works great.
I had some race fuel left from my shake down track outing on the new combo. Just wanted to get rid of it, its not good for it to sit too long wihtout use. [smilie=3g

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The sensors are going quick but thats from the leaded race fuel and not being close enough to the headers to burn off the lead residue. Basically its going rich than lean and it does not match the A/F reading on the dyno.

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts
You have the com r, so doesnt the bung for the sensor in the header near the collector?

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I used the existing rear 02 sensor location. Not good ! Does the bung for the egt connection fit the o2 thread ? Nice info on the testing Chance :smt023

·
Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,411 Posts
My AEM is nearly 2 years old works perfectly, confirmed by new tune last week paralled Dyno sensor. Pretty important on exactly where you mount sensor and angle of bung/sensor. Best to chalk mark spot and then remove pipe to weld bung properly.

Mike

·
99 problems and $$ is all of em
1,967 Posts
i have the comp r with a autometer colbalt digital wideband and in the instructions it says you mount the sensor in the collector. i would think its better to mount in the colllector then on one primary tube because its getting a combined reading from that whole bank of cylinders. as for if the o2 sensor fitting in the egr bung, dont know but i believe that that location is raised i dont know if the sensor part would even be in the exhaust gas or if that even matters.

·
Administrator
18,598 Posts
You want the sensor mounted as close to the collector as possible. And on the top portion of the tube.

As for lead contamination? I never hurt a sensor on C16. I do't even drain the race fuel out after a day at the track. I just burn it up on the ride home. I attribute the sensor's longevity to my long post race drive to Connecticut. Lots of heat in the exhaust to burn off the contaminants.

Jim

1 - 20 of 20 Posts