Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a few places where people have added the IAT2 temp to their gauges on the handheld for live viewing but i can't seem to get it to the hand held. I'm not the greatest with computers so this is really kicking my ass lol anyone have any pointers? I've downloaded liveliness and the updater/drivers and just can't figure out how to do this.

·
Stock block 11 second club
10,556 Posts
If I'm understanding you correctly you want to be able to view charge temps on your handheld? If that's the case then you're all set because the ECU monitors that, you just need to select "IAT2" when datalogging. It may also be called "Charge Air."

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea i wanna watch the charge temp,the only option in the gauges is for air temp not charge temp. I'll post some pics tomorrow

·
10,556 Posts
IAT1 is the air temp at the air filter, IAT2 is air temp post-SC. IAT stands for "intake air temp," also called charge temp.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Good to know

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know the difference between the 2 the problem is is doesnt have the gauge on the handheld for iat2/charge temp just the under hood air temp. But i read online you can add the charge temp gauge to the handheld for realtime veiwing which is what i want

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got it figured out! Now i can live view Downstream ACT,Trans temp,Battery Volt,Coolant Temp,Load,and FP duty cycle on the handheld itself. For me atlas its made my Aeroforce Gauge useless. Didn't need 2 things to monitor with so now can sell the aeroforce and put the money towards something else.

·
10,556 Posts
IMHO you should keep the Interceptor. You listed several parameters that I monitor on my trucks constantly. The ability to view the IAT1, IAT2, voltage, tranny temp and coolant temp parameters constantly is very convenient and will help you identify issues before you find yourself in need of a tow.

I bought the Interceptor for my Lightning shortly after they hit the market, unfortunately that was over a year after my IC pump crapped out on the I-8 interstate while towing my ex-wife's car from San Diego to San Antonio.

I did have an Interceptor in my old Power Stroke to alert me to the fact that my alternator failed on me, also while drive between San Diego and San Antonio on the I-8 freeway. The Interceptor is a good piece of mind.

I also appreciated the Interceptor in my HD when I moved back to San Diego and had to climb the mountains pulling my Lightning. The Interceptor allowed me to watch my tranny temps and keep them in check. I know a handheld can monitor these parameters but I personally don't want a hand held tuning device constantly propped up in the center console or sitting on the seat.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im gonna run the hand held for awhile and make sure i like it before i sell the gauge. Gonna run the wire for the handheld behind my pilliar and am running a windsheild mount for the x4. I cant stand not being able to keep an eye on things. Was gonna move my boost/vac gauge to my column pod and put a 2nd AFR gauge in my pilliar. I run twin Afr's in my car and like it better than 1 side

·
10,556 Posts
I like to keep tabs on things as well. I'll be installing the gauges in the HD soon so no pics of her, but here's the cockpit of Belle. The HD is getting an Innovate DLG-1 dual wideband and FP gauge to join the Interceptor.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hell yea looks good! So far i just have the things my handheld/areoforce monitor,boost/vac,fuel press and wide band.
Im my car i haveAutometer speedo/tach/fuel level/oil press/oil temp/ trans temp /volt / fuel pressure motor,2x Aem ARF, and waiting to go on with my fogger is fuel pressure nitrous and nitrous pressure lol

·
Bet you were born naked, you SLUT!
909 Posts
I can only see voltage for iat2

·
Registered
572 Posts
Well, i was hoping someone would post a how to for us computer challanged on the SCT X4, on how to add the dang IAT2/Charge temp gauge to the monitoring layout, anybody???? PLEASE.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts