Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm about to remove this eniter system. i'm still filling up the oil seperator, and i'm sure some is getting into the blower. i looked at the crankcase on both sides, and it looks like there is 2 spots to put breathers on. one for the oil cap, and one for the pcv. on the passenger side, there is another outlet that i'm going to have to put a breather on. can someone direct me to a website that i could get some nice breathers for all three, that are a direct fit. i don't want to have to install 3' of rubber tubeing to get these things to work.

thanks
chiz

·
Registered
426 Posts
Just some food for thought...

*not* having a vaccume on the cranckcase will increase blowby and therefor reduce ring seat/power. You'll most likely not notice it on a stock truck. But on one pushing a lot of boost you just might.

The other side effect is increased oil changes would be advisable as more contaminates will be getting past and down into the mix.

Rich

·
George\/
3,421 Posts
do you have your oil seperator on correctly?? i know with mine it has an in and an out with a little arrow pointing the way. the arrow should be pointing toward the blower and you will have very little oil in it. i had mine on backwards and it filled up instantly
and i deleated the tube on the drivers side and put in a breather

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, i have it pointed in the right direction.

wydo, i'm not really concerened about any of that at the time, mainly just the oil getting in. when i get everything done i'll test it out and if it is effecting anything í'll switch back, no biggie.

i've found a kit for the egr, now i need to find out where to get the breathers. i'd like all 3 to match. i found one at psp for the oil cap, but i'm not sure if they sell the other type.

sal, do you have these? if your reading......

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mike, i actually have that exact one plus a cobra pcv. unfortuantely its doing its job too well and i'm tired of worrying about getting oil in it. sucks to do all that work pulling the s/c and cleaning the intercooler for it to get durty again. [smilie=popcorn.gif]

i found all the stuff i need, i'm just waiting on a relply on the blockoff kit. i'll do a write up on how i did it, materials needed, pictures, etc.

thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the reply usaf_eagle. i just sent you an email.

guys i ordered the ones JLP has for the crankcase. i'm trying to get a hold of someone at PSP to get the oilcap one now.

-chiz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts