Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys well I received my shocks yesterday ? Is adjusting it is it the knob that's there that turns? Do you just turn it and it starts adjusting? When do you know your in a good adj position

·
11 Second Club
15,062 Posts
When it works the best for you at the track!!! When it rides the best for you!!!

·
11 Second Club
15,062 Posts
LMAO!!! NAw not yet Im planning on ordering a set!! I think the Stiffer the better for the street!!! The softer the better forthe track!!

·
Carpe diem
10,810 Posts
instructions should say which is higher/lower, if not put them on 10 and run them see how they feel then put them on 1 youll be able to feel the difference

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the info guys and thats why i love lrodder brothers helping brothers good looking out players

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
One the number 1 setting the shocks with extend easier and return slower...I don't know whether you are running them on the rear or front, but normally a lower setting for front and a higher setting for rear...Then just play until you hit the sweet spot.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I want them soft for track? That means I want the truck to squad better right?? And other ? Is the back sway bar really needed would it affect driveability

·
Banned
4,138 Posts
So I want them soft for track? That means I want the truck to squad better right?? And other ? Is the back sway bar really needed would it affect driveability
Lefty loosey rightey tighty...... As you tighten them you'll notice the truck getting stiffer, as you loosen you'll notice it getting bouncy I start at 0 to the left and run it up to 6 or 7 for the street, when I adjust them at the track i usually end up around 6 on one side and 8 or 9 on the other but you should learn them for yourself.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok sounds good if i have any more ?s ill ask so as i seeyour setup is not the same you got one at 6 other at 8 or 9 how is that?

·
Banned
4,138 Posts
ok sounds good if i have any more ?s ill ask so as i seeyour setup is not the same you got one at 6 other at 8 or 9 how is that?
Because the truck tries to twist to the passenger side, I always have better luck stiffening up the passenger side and running the driver side slightly looser in the back.

I usually set the fronts the same though.

·
11 Second Club
15,062 Posts
how you know difference between stiff and softer??
LMAO!!! If the truck goes less on the bouncing its stiff... If it's all loose on the back is soft hahaha:laughing25

1 - 20 of 25 Posts