Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured some of you might like to see what's going on with my build. Yes, this is going to be an extremely slow build but as I come across the things I want to incorporate in the build I'm and buying them and trying to move forward the best I can.

Goals again for the truck were an extremely high hp car that is streetable but more build towards the race end. The truck will see both 1/4 times and mile events.

I would like to give a big thank you to Gator and also JDM as Gator was the one to help me with the block and JDM with the heads.

I can not describe how nice this community has been to me and how nice everyone has been. After purchasing the block from Gator he actually drove from New Jersey and hand delivered it to me here in South FL. Yes, he drove all the way down here with the block in the truck of his gt500 and delivered it himself.

Anyways on to what everyone is probably waiting to see.

Oh yea, and here is what will be sitting on top of that purdy GT block

When the time comes the heads will be sent off to fox lake for a pull port job and worked over. The block will be filled with a billet crank, not sure if I am going stroker yet or not, most likely some GRP aluminum rods and some custom diamond pistons. The block will also be sent out to Darton to be resleeved as well and them put together.

Thanks for looking and thanks again Gator.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rook, still have a long way to go to catch up with you.

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
12,065 Posts
You really want an iron block for your build....I'll take that aluminum block off your hands for a couple hundred dollars. Just think as I'm doing you a favor. LOL

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey drunk, are you drunk? hahaha

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Trust me struck I wish it was by the pound

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
I think my block is about 8 pounds lighter because of the spray on liners. You should be able to carry it around with one arm, lol.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Glad it went to a good home Bill. I was probably the only GT500 around with an aluminum block front and back for 900 miles..........lol

You where only a half tank of gas futher south from where I was already at, so it was no big deal. Best of luck to you with it, besides you saved me 20K[smilie=om

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Glad it went to a good home Bill. I was probably the only GT500 around with an aluminum block front and back for 900 miles..........lol

You where only a half tank of gas futher south from where I was already at, so it was no big deal. Best of luck to you with it, besides you saved me 20K[smilie=om[/quote]

Hahaha yes cost me an easy 20k plus the block all day. once again glad I got to meet you in person.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts