Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truck is a 99 has 150k cleaned the injectors did new fuel pumps an fuel filter along with fuel relay and fuel pump resistor all for it to be not getting fuel because the fuel pick up in the tank was rusted so fixed that now it gets fuel runs about 35 psi at idle for about 5 mins then drops pressure an dies if I floor it the gauge jumps to 45 any ideas?

·
Registered
268 Posts
What brand of pumps and where you bought them?

That is strange did you make sure submerged hose bottom out onto fuel pump barb I know mine weren't sitting correct and pressure would bleed down.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What brand of pumps and where you bought them?

That is strange did you make sure submerged hose bottom out onto fuel pump barb I know mine weren't sitting correct and pressure would bleed down.
I believe they were optimum pumps an I just installed the same way the factory ones were

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Sounds like one of the pumps are going bad. Runs fine when cool. Then as it runs it starts getting hot and then starts to fail the hotter it gets.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Also cld be the resister or relay. Electrical components can cause issues, even when brand new sometimes.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Make sure the wire terminal aren't lose on fuel pumps connector since they are brittle and come loose easily also make sure you didn't use the hoses that came with those pumps hoses of those aren't really submerged hose and they will get soft and Crack with the fuel and regular slotted hose clamps will pierce through them easily since they are thin regular hoses

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds like one of the pumps are going bad. Runs fine when cool. Then as it runs it starts getting hot and then starts to fail the hotter it gets.
Forgot to mention the trucks supercharger wines when I hit on it but the boost gauge stays at 0 so would a vaccum line have anything to do with the fuel pressure problem?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I still say it's coming from the pumps electrical anything outside wouldn't drop pressure instantly even if it's minor bleeding you would see it as it drops slowly. This issue is coming from pumps I am willing to bet either one checkvalve in them or pumps losing voltage due to connector not making good contact since wires tend to get pulled and are brittle

1 - 16 of 16 Posts