Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1999 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning #2899
VIN 2FTZF073XXCB05749
Current mileage 9,500 - $24,000 Offers considered

This Lightning was purchased Sept. '99 by the original owner who was my neighbor. He took it apart late ’02 and started building it as a race truck. He stripped the interior and had a 6-point roll bar installed. He put it in storage and lost interest. I purchased it Nov. ’13 for a 9-month restoration.

Engine: Heads removed, lock-n-stitch inserts installed. Pressure washed water jackets. ARP stud kit and Cometic gaskets.

Transmission: Gene Evans Custom with stock converter. Signature on valve body.

Drive Shaft: Polished aluminum with driveshaft loop.

Suspension: 1” drop. New rear Bilsteins.

Brakes: Slotted Rotors.

Tires: New Nitto 555 on ’01 rims with spare.

Exhaust: All original with ceramic-coated heat shields.

Interior: Completely lined with “Raamat” thermal barrier and “Ensolite” overlay. Original radio and CD player with new speakers and satellite radio. Wide-top Expedition console conversion. All seat covers original and in perfect condition.

Exterior: All bolt-on parts removed. All under-hood wiring and plumbing removed for repaint. Marshall Bros. Collision Center used 2.5 gallons Sherwin-Williams Vermilion Red and 3 clearcoats and helped reassemble all body parts. Has solid rear glass. “Flush mount” electric fuel door. “Snugtop” fiberglass cover with black marine-grade fabric overlay and “BedRug” lining. Remote keyless entry with 2 chip keys. ‘03-’04 pickup truck cargo box light and stop lights. New replacement Muth directional signal mirrors.

Add-ons by Original Owner: Sir Michael Roll Pan Kit. Shaved tailgate. Hood scoop molded on.

Show Winner:
2015 World of Wheels, Superdome, First Place, Conservative Pickup 1988-1999 Class
2015 Gulf Coast Mustang All-Ford Show, Pensacola, First Place, Ford Truck Class

Reason for Selling:
I am a retired mechanic. I enjoyed restoring this Lightning and have found another that needs restoring, but I only have room for one in my garage.

All PMs answered.

Attachments

Reactions: White95

· Registered
3,074 Posts
Good looking truck - I see you took out the 6 pt. Almost looks like the one around the corner from my house on Clevner Dr. when I lived in Kenner..............

Bird

· Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Need to make room for the next Lightning restoration. Offers considered

· Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
99 red less than 10k miles

Now has 10,700,

· Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Show winner

!st place. Restored class 88-99 World of Wheels.
Need to sell for the next project.

· Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
F 100 Nationals

Planning on taking it to the Nationals in Lebanon, Tennessee. Will be able to see how it does with other Lightnings

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.