Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 F150 Lariat rcsb 4.6 5 speed 2wd
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this is the right spot.. but I just bought a 97 f150 Lariat reg cab short bed 4.6 5 speed . Was going to.leave it stock. But I think it would be cool to do a lightning.conversion on and it and keep it manual... I really want the added power to pull my 400hp fuel injected zspec t5 ranger I'm finishing up..
So I've been trying to do.some research, but I'm brand new to this rype.of conversion. Any pointers or build threads would help. Thanks.
Here is my ranger..just got the fuel pump in and getting it dyno tuned very soon...

Here is my 97 Lariat I just bought

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Still reading everything I can about this swap, it's going to happen.
But on the EDIS system in my 97.. my plan is to use my harness, lengthen the IAT sensor and just have my computer tuned for the supercharged 5.4. I'll run the stock t5 for now then switch it to a 6 speed
Now, On the cooler pump wiring....anyone have any info on that?

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,089 Posts
A friend of mine did a Lightning conversion to a blue 98 4 X 4. He wired the intercooler to a toggle switch. Kept forgetting to turn it on. Cost him a motor. That's how important the intercooler is on these trucks. He never rebuilt it, and last I heard, was trying to sell it as a non-running unit.

Reactions: Junglejoe

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok guys.. been reading and seeing two different things here..
Some.say use the 4.6 harness and some say switch to a 5.4 harness. Is the 5.4 harness a direct swap or is there repinning that needs to be done?
Also on computers.. since my truck is a 4.6 5 speed.. should I just use that and have the computer returned to a base lighting computer parameters?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts