Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Will an 8lb lower (on a JLP Shortblock) build too much heat for the eaton (non-ported)? If so, will a new heat exchanger work to keep it cooler?

Thank you,

Rich

·
Registered
734 Posts
IMHO, the 8lb lower will build excesive heat; a heat excahger will help.

Are you planing on using the 8lb lower for daily driving? Is so in the summer on a hot day and spining the blwoer that much will produce a tone of heat.

Suavy

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Gator ran a 8lb Lower plus a 2lb upper on his stock eaton for years
Ran consistant 11.9's each and every pass :smt023

V ran a 10lb lower for years also on a stock eaton, again he ran consitant 11's :smt023
BOTH ON STOCK BLOCKS, Both have JDM Heat Exchangers, Headers, they ice and cool between runs, etc.....

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info,

Yes, im starting off with a 6lb lower until my motor is broken in but would like to bump it up to an 8lb lower on her.

That is until i can go with either a Magnum Powers or KB.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wanted a ported blower, but might skip that and get either a MP or KB

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
silverbolt01 said:
I wanted a ported blower, but might skip that and get either a MP or KB
Good move man! That is why I am saving my pennies instead of going from pulley to pulley, chip to chip, etc... I just want to go all out on my motor build up project! I kinda wanna be like them supra guys running 12.60's @ 145 mph LOL [smilie=eek4.gif] :shock: :LOL

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Chris said:
I just want to go all out on my motor build up project! I kinda wanna be like them supra guys running 12.60's @ 145 mph LOL [smilie=eek4.gif] :shock: :LOL

12.6 @ 145 hu :smt017

I'll take a 10.9 - 11.3 and be happy right about now Thank You :D

Chris, you really do have to do something to your truck if you plan on hanging out with us anymore.
:smt042 :smt043 [smilie=xxrotflmao.gif]

2lb pulley [smilie=omgrofl.gif]
Shit I put the 2lb on my truck weeks after I bought it, then within another few weeks I added a 4lb lower, then by the end of yr one I had Nitrous and straight to a string of 12.0's ........................

Then the good stuff really started happening......................

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.