21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Ford F150 Lightning Red
38 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
slight tangent to the conversation .. but , where does one buy "the radio removal tool"
??

I've looked and looked .. maybe Idono what to type properly in the search box ..but I haven't been able to find this once common item..
You can get the removal tool at any parts store or Amazon or make your own from a coathanger bent in a “U” shape that matches the holes in the sides of the radio face.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would never buy those tools again. coathangars or any other stiff material will work fine, even 4 thin screwdrivers in a pinch. Just need something to push down in the hole, and then pry outwards against the springs to release the locking clips that stop it from sliding out. Its almost like the locking mechanism for a phone cord RJ-11 jack, but on each side of the radio that click in place once they pass the locking nub. Once you see the locking mechanism it will all make sense. You don't really need much "pull" on the tools, you could even just pull with your finger in the cassette door, but someone else would have to hold the second tool to release that side of the sliding lock.

·
Hear it WHINE!
108 Posts
I have a stock 04 in dash head unit that was taken out of the truck at 15,800 miles and stored in my closet ever since lol.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Edit yeas the 6 disc Changer deck is for sale. Not the Truck.
K Im back home. My work week is crazy this week after taking vacation. I'll get it to you. Eventually. It is 11:15pm here. Haven't eaten since breakfast. Driving my slave job rental car in Kenosha WI today. I clipped a parked cars side mirror really good. Would have went back to leave a note w my info but let's be real I am a walking target.
Not blowing you off; I can only keep up a certain chaos level til I pass out. Extreme audio perfectionist. I'm not going to throw the deck away, it feels wrong. It deserves a good home. I have one of the pair of hook tools. The factory deck is hard af to pull out. Coat hangers will work on a aftermarket deck in 30 secs. Stock, new so hard to pull it out.
I work way too much. Thanks for reading. Also neighbor hacked my phone via Wi-Fi so please dont message me or text w payment info. Yep he got to see all my real life adult pictures. Before he admitted the hack he said "you have a lot of guys over". Im like "no. This is deadtime nothing compared to non corona times". Should have not told him that he found all the cool stuff.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Classy move...hope karma returns the favor at some point.
It was prepaid Karma. Leaving Chicago few years ago. Hadn't slept yet. Sunday at 8am on freeway a wild lady clipped my L driver window off. I was the luckiest person out of the other 3 cars she hit after me. 2 people physically hurt. She went to jail. Thank God for bright red waxed paint. Being rear ended in stalled traffic (she was doing 60 easy) would have wheelchaired me. Thank you concrete barricade. Saved the lives of the 2 small cars she totalled after me.
Love taking amtrac or beater car to Chi now. Not worth it.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts