Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the new built motor up and running good. Chased my tail for the last few weeks because SCT had given me the wrong engine displacement code in my base tune, which threw off all the load tables. Anyway, the truck should make 550 rwhp on the street tune, but I have not dynoed it yet. It feels strong and the A/F is spot on. My mods are:

Built motor with ported heads and Stage II Crower cams
KB @ 18 psi
JLP sheetmetal intake, C&L inlet tube, Accufab monoblade
CAI, SCT big air maf
dual 255 pumps, 60# injectors
Alcohol injection
Stock exhaust
Nitto Drag Radials

I am having several people say that this truck should be a total handful on the street with these mods. It is not at all. It will spin the drag radials anywhere in low gear, but does not turn a tire in second gear at all, except slightly on certain types of pavement. Many are saying it should go sideways in third gear, even with the DR's.

Am I way off on the tune, or do these tires work this well? Haven't got on the dyno or to the track yet as I just got the SCT issue done. Give me something to stew about! :thumbsup:

Jody

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
I'm going to assume your tires are working VERY WELL and your in warm road climate,
because I CAN TELL YOU THIS, even with a mere 425 HP the last few years (off spray)
my truck goes totally sideways when it switches 2nd and in most cases I will have no choice but to get totally out of it. ""It gets that out of control""
I can only assume another 100 HP will make it A LOT worse if not impossible,
(the good part is, I'm going to find that answer out in a mere couple of weeks) WOO HOO....

However part of my problem is
I'm using the orig F-1's that basically look like my Hoosiers now :LOL

ANYONE GOT TIRES FOR ME [smilie=fingersx.gif]

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah Rob, you are going to be VERY happy with Sal's new powerplant! There is a WORLD of difference between F1's and the drag radials. I had the same second gear issues with 428 rwhp and F1's, but none once I swapped to the Nitto DR's. I was just wondering with another 125 rwhp if that changed things.

Seems most of the feedback I've received is that my truck is pretty normal for those tires, they do work excellent on the street. Seems a few of the guys might be "exagerating" when they say their 400 rwhp truck goes sideways at 60 mph if they floor it! :D

Jody

·
Registered
393 Posts
I will be running 650 hp on Drag Radials this year....Stay tuned!!!

I am trying some new secret DOT drag radials...Maybe I will see if I can be the fastest Silver 2000 Gen 2 W/O Spray on DOT's??
Is there a trophy for that...LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts