Lightning Rodder banner

561 - 580 of 595 Posts

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #561
Thanks guys. And yep it was odd how things happened, now I'm just at the juggling point of dial back my wiring stuff to offset the bit of added time from work, but I can't pull away from it, I enjoy building all that stuff. Oh and CVN class, but I have been on LCS, LHDs, and FFGs years ago.

Garage is already too small, but it works lol. Aiming for a separate shop within the next 5 years or so, but in the mean time I did figure out a way to fit the HD, the tesla, and the SRT10 all in the garage when I need to. Although most of the time it's just the HD inside, and man is it nice having it full height to walk beneath! Really want to clean up the underside next.

Reactions: B4Thunder03

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
11,299 Posts
What do you plan on running for fuel at the track?
You might get away with some high octane gasoline on the street, but no way in hell you can make 40psi and run gasoline at the track.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Ignite 114 ethanol all the way baby will keep that bitch safe!!!!;)

·
14,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #565
What do you plan on running for fuel at the track?
You might get away with some high octane gasoline on the street, but no way in hell you can make 40psi and run gasoline at the track.
oh geez I can already see it now, folks see me sarcastically say 40 lbs and they'll take it seriously, and now for the next 5 years I'll be seeing idiots post how I said I'm making 40 psi of boost lol

I'm NOT running 40 psi. Rolling into it on the dyno it quickly hit 20 lbs before the pedal was even near the floor, and only on pump gas for the initial tune, and no larger uppers to swap out, we said yeah not even gonna attempt a WOT pull right now until I swap the 10% OD balancer out.

I'm planning on running C16 for the track, and aiming for 18-20 lbs on the street and around 25 at the track. The setup can easily make more, but I'm certainly not starting at anything absurd, and definitely not 40. Give me a break folks lol

Is this the new upper pulley that JC is making for you?
hmm maybe that one would at least fit. He's 0 for 2 attempts on making a KB upper that fits. I'll be mailing it back again for attempt #3. Biggest KB upper is a 4" and I had him make me a 4.25", but the inner recess keeps being too small to fit over the snout.

Reactions: EvilEvoIX

·
14,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #566
bumpity bump!

Haven't been on LR since January, finally catching up a bit.

Spent 6 weeks out at sea for work on 100,000 tons of freedom lol. Came home to a strange new world of this quarantine, and just been busy teleworking, home-schooling, home-daycare, and catching up on wiring kits. Also picked up 3D printing and have been going to town with that. Aiming to have a few HD/L 3D printed goodies in the near future.

Truck still collecting dust under the cover from the winter. Would like to get it out soon, but STILL waiting for JCCustoms to finish my custom 4.25" upper pulley for the 3rd attempt at making it fit, even sending a stock pulley to measure. I did get the replacement stock-diameter ATI balancer to swap out my 10% OD and get the boost down. Not in much rush with spring race season getting screwed up with this pandemic, so looks like another spring & summer of cruising, and maybe things are more towards normal by fall and can finally get it out there.

Itching to get the SRT10 back out as well, that's been hibernating too.

Oh one other GT-HD mod, bullseye retros did some badazz lights for me. Looking forward to a cosmetic change and swapping those in. I've ran xenarcs since ~2003.

Reactions: 49FordLighting

·
14,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #568
I'll get some when I go to install them, don't have any handy on this computer.

went black housing, 02 HD style heads/corners, back-lit amber stripe at the bottom, switch back backlights to the shrouds, and RGB demon eyes......and the coolest part, the projector is etched with the bar & shield outline and the center says "GT-HD"!

·
Registered
942 Posts
bumpity bump!

Haven't been on LR since January, finally catching up a bit.

Spent 6 weeks out at sea for work on 100,000 tons of freedom lol. Came home to a strange new world of this quarantine, and just been busy teleworking, home-schooling, home-daycare, and catching up on wiring kits. Also picked up 3D printing and have been going to town with that. Aiming to have a few HD/L 3D printed goodies in the near future.

Truck still collecting dust under the cover from the winter. Would like to get it out soon, but STILL waiting for JCCustoms to finish my custom 4.25" upper pulley for the 3rd attempt at making it fit, even sending a stock pulley to measure. I did get the replacement stock-diameter ATI balancer to swap out my 10% OD and get the boost down. Not in much rush with spring race season getting screwed up with this pandemic, so looks like another spring & summer of cruising, and maybe things are more towards normal by fall and can finally get it out there.

Itching to get the SRT10 back out as well, that's been hibernating too.

Oh one other GT-HD mod, bullseye retros did some badazz lights for me. Looking forward to a cosmetic change and swapping those in. I've ran xenarcs since ~2003.
Welcome back Josh....but you were probably better off on the ship with all this crap going on! Lol
But understandably, Im sure you missed home and family.

·
Jeffv333
2,234 Posts
Good to see an update. Thought you went ghost forever. Keep up the updates.

·
14,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #572
haha I'll never ghost forever, things just get busy from time to time. Heck, I may even jump back on NHTOC one of these days just to pop in and say hello haha

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
We didn’t want a place like autoguide or tapatalk buying it so we all put up money to help Raymond buy it from Doug.

Maybe some day the Gen 2 guys will come back to their first home and bring all the lightning owners back to a lightning owner owned forum.

·
14,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #576
I'd seriously consider that Jamie. Who is Raymond? I'll shoot him a PM.

Hopefully some of the doofy things Doug did could be taken care of. Kind of ticked me off I spent so much time into laying the framework for NHTOC and helping Dwight and Nan build that site up from scratch and then Doug just didn't give 2 rats azzes about my input on a few changes that really made user experience suck. ANd I'm pretty flexible and open minded with forum changes as they're a natural thing to keep up with the times and security.

·
14,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #577
Well it's been a looooooong time coming for this update, but I posted this on FB so finally catching up here on LR.

Finally got Hyde on the dyno with a little boost and some c16 and the numbers are phenomenal for just scratching the surface! 944 rwhp with only 21 lbs of boost and only going to 5700 rpm lol. On heavy azz 22" rims no less. Still way more to tap into with more boost, more rpm, and once I get bogarts or welds back on this lightning limo! Easily into the 4 digit rwhp & tq zone. Hp curve is still climbing strong at the ends of these quick pulls and torque is a table top! It's a MONSTER! Worth every bit of effort and distraction over the past 4 years. Life got busy and delayed project GT-HD quite a bit, but it's been worth the wait! Can't wait to make some passes again.

Big thanks to TEAM JLP for their efforts in this project, as well as my family and friends that have supported my horsepower addiction all these years! To the disgruntled salty few who just still have nothing better to say, you's can still suck it lol.

And I know I know, why not spin it a bit more to hit that 4 digit mark, or add a wee bit more boost. Well it's clearly got it, it's just a dyno sheet, and hey I like to leave some on the table for next time out lol. Time to earn some time slips before dyno sheets! Hopefully things go smooth this fall with some passes, truck is already making more power than it ever has, on less boost than I've ever ran, so we'll see where that takes it, then next spring give it a bit more RPM & boost.

944 rwhp & 932 rwtq at 21 lbs of boost, and still climbing strong at 5700 RPM on the pull!

·
14,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #578
Here's a couple other dyno sheets that are pretty cool to check out....

This is my very FIRST dyno pull, probably around 2003, in the SAME truck! My N/A 00 HD started off with a blistering 226 rwhp, and that was with an intake, tune, high flow cats, e-fan, etc. LOL. Man oh man how it's come so far! When folks buy something turn key and done then try to jab at ooooh look how cheap they got a full build, and I've dumped all this money into mine and spent more how stupid is that......well it's not about the almighy buck all the time ya cheap azzes lol. Sometimes it's about the journey along the way. The experiences, the modding, the fun, the friends, the combos, all in the same truck over the past 20 years, going from 226 rwhp and breaking into the 15's, to 412 rwhp and breaking into the 12s and setting the HD stock block eaton record, to 649 rwhp and breaking into the 10s taking the HD Record in '08, to 749 rwhp and into the 9's being the 1st single digit HD, even beating many Ls to the 9's, I wouldn't trade that experience for the world! And I'm not done yet!

This one is 19 lbs vs. 21 lbs....look at how that 4.9 KB is just starting to wake up at the boost, and still climbing on the RPM when JL let out of the pull since my tach hits 6k so fast lol

And the interesting one.....here the blue line is my combo from when I went my 9.89, and it's a solid 200 hp and nearly 200 tq above that now, thru the entire RPM band. This is gonna be challenging to get out of the hole, and going to be a bullet train on the top end!

and before anyone asks.....here's the video!

·
14,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #579
Okay, last post updated dyno pics/vid, here's one from the track....

got to Cecil last Saturday. Posted more detail in DudeL's thread, but long story short, the track was absurdly slow, multiple oil downs, and forever to clean up, always spills at the top end, so out of the entire day there, only got 2 passes all day.

1st run, 19 lbs, STREET tune, and I launched like I was on my 22's in the rain lol, first pass in 4 years, I wanted to make sure I got clean data more than a strong launch. Puttered to an easy 10.7 like nothing, clean data, so we tossed the race tune in, left it at 19 lbs, and went out again......after waiting hours in the lanes.

2nd attempt, belt snapped in the burnout. Pretty sure it was too lose, no damage, but 2 hours lost. Swapped to my shorter belt which required going to 21 lbs on the smaller pulley, so we pulled some timing from the race tune to walk up on it, 1st pass out on a race tune. Hours later waiting, finally got my 2nd hit. I've lost my touch on staging the burnout box off the mirrors not running in 4 years lol, and Carmelo was too lazy to walk down and line me up, what a pal LOL. Pulled up too far, 1 wheel peeled. Carmelo did signal me to stop, backed up, but that time I Was too far back, and the burnout was IN the water and barely smoked, barely heated the tires.....watch the vid. I'm not exaggerating how pathetic the burnout was lol. I need to get my groove back, especially since I'm on loaners from Carmelo anyway haha.

Spun bad, rolled out of it, slowly rolled back in it feeling for grip, and went 10.5 @ 137. Pathetic burnout, garbage launch, soft tune, clean pass, I was happy enough. I've got my starting point for SF. Should be right around my prior PB with a clean launch.....except it's not taking a blower turned to the moon to do it anymore lol. Oh, and my 9.8 was with everything out of the truck. I ran last weekend full weight aside from bogarts and a kirkey only so I could run my belts. THe rest of the interior was still all in, the hard bed cover on, crap in the bed, heat exchanger in, tailgate on. Easily 350 lbs heavier than my 9.8 weight.

Family came out to watch....my youngest has never seen me race the HD before, he was only a few days old when I melted down my 2v! My oldest has seen me run before but too young to remember lol. Wife was too busy chasing them around to really get many pics/vids though. And my dad was there, my #1 fan that's been to the track and the dyno almost every single time, excited to see the HD back out and running again!

Not sold on these green gates fleet runner belts being that great for seeing so many guys run them. Fortunately found an RPM series belt in a size that should work that will hopefully survive more blower time.

And see, I ran with the bed cover on, and even with chitty 60' times, I almost left the bed cover at the starting line LOL. Shifted back about 2" and luckily the tailgate stopped it from going any further, even with 6 bedrail clamps holding it on......I'm gonna yank the bed cover for SF! Maybe next year I'll ditch the clamps and thru-bolt it to the rails lol.

And actually legit for tech....well as legit as you can reasonably get. Cage freshly re-certified at Cecil last saturday, new SFI jacket/pants/gloves/shoes, new Snell helmet, no excuses on that front from here!

·
14,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #580
Ironically, only the 2nd time using my enclosed trailer for taking the HD to the track. I've used it more for hauling everyone else around, my SRT10, moving, etc. more than I have my own HD LOL

And full interior (still need a head unit lol, old one flew out on a launch years ago, and never got around to fixing it). Swapped to the kirkey only to safely run my belts, but left the passenger seat, console, and back seat all in. I may yank it for SF if I'm taking the cover off, just to put it 1 for 1 with how I'd typically run it.

And the video of my 2nd pass.....look at that pathetic burnout lol, told ya I wasn't exaggerating how bad that was! Sorry Carmelo, but I'm going to have to put a hurting on those hoosiers for SF lol

561 - 580 of 595 Posts