Lightning Rodder banner

561 - 565 of 565 Posts

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #561
Thanks guys. And yep it was odd how things happened, now I'm just at the juggling point of dial back my wiring stuff to offset the bit of added time from work, but I can't pull away from it, I enjoy building all that stuff. Oh and CVN class, but I have been on LCS, LHDs, and FFGs years ago.

Garage is already too small, but it works lol. Aiming for a separate shop within the next 5 years or so, but in the mean time I did figure out a way to fit the HD, the tesla, and the SRT10 all in the garage when I need to. Although most of the time it's just the HD inside, and man is it nice having it full height to walk beneath! Really want to clean up the underside next.

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
10,659 Posts
What do you plan on running for fuel at the track?
You might get away with some high octane gasoline on the street, but no way in hell you can make 40psi and run gasoline at the track.

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #565
What do you plan on running for fuel at the track?
You might get away with some high octane gasoline on the street, but no way in hell you can make 40psi and run gasoline at the track.
oh geez I can already see it now, folks see me sarcastically say 40 lbs and they'll take it seriously, and now for the next 5 years I'll be seeing idiots post how I said I'm making 40 psi of boost lol

I'm NOT running 40 psi. Rolling into it on the dyno it quickly hit 20 lbs before the pedal was even near the floor, and only on pump gas for the initial tune, and no larger uppers to swap out, we said yeah not even gonna attempt a WOT pull right now until I swap the 10% OD balancer out.

I'm planning on running C16 for the track, and aiming for 18-20 lbs on the street and around 25 at the track. The setup can easily make more, but I'm certainly not starting at anything absurd, and definitely not 40. Give me a break folks lol

Is this the new upper pulley that JC is making for you?
hmm maybe that one would at least fit. He's 0 for 2 attempts on making a KB upper that fits. I'll be mailing it back again for attempt #3. Biggest KB upper is a 4" and I had him make me a 4.25", but the inner recess keeps being too small to fit over the snout.

561 - 565 of 565 Posts