Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 351w F4te roller block stroked to a 408 and have a few questions.

Here are the specs to the 408
408 is 4.030 x 4.00 , eagle balanced to 28 oz, ProComm 210 cc heads w 2.02 I and 1.60 e with screw in studs,.600 lift springs,ss roller rockers, guides, kb -8 cc pistons, I beam rods ,x 303 roller,

I originally built the motor for a foxbody but I ended up selling the car so I was looking for something that would easily take this motor. I have a few questions about the lightning drive train since I have no experience with them. What lb injectors / tune would I need to run the 408, What fuel pump would you recommend , will the stock tranny and rear end hold up? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. I am looking at 2 different 1st gen lightnings here locally in San Antonio Texas.

· Registered
257 Posts
Your going to have a couple issues with the motor if, the Lightning you buy is still SD. The cam you stated is the x303 which won't work. You'll need a speed density friendly cam. If the truck has a mass air swap you should be okay. The injectors may be okay depending on the compression of the 408 and power level. The stock inj are 19lbs so it will be close. The trans issue should be fine as long as it's a good unit. I would strongly suggest you get a Punisher valve body. That will help the trans live better and shift like it should.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.