Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty much wondering how much im leaving on the table with having 3.5 from the intercooler to the TB in 3.5. Intercooler is only 3.0 but that can be changed. Also if im staying with 3.5, I can get the wilson 90 and 90mm tb for 400 shipped on another forum. Taking the turbls from. 58 ar to. 68. Found a pair of housings that take the big shaft ball bearing for 200 each.

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,678 Posts
It's good to see the truck in good hands again

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Going to try and talk the guy down on the 90 mm stuff, that's 3.54 inches and should flow smoothly. Fixing/replacing a few things I didn't like. They used a piece of 3N hose to make and adaptor to 3.5 and just clamped it, and there were 6 wepon x coils and 2 ford coils. Plugs were tr6s and looked good except last one on the passenger side was full of water/water in the plug boot and it has vented weapon x coil covers that had electrical tape covering the vents iat1 was zip tied to the front highest bolt on the timing cover and the spot in the intake 90 before the header where it originally went was pushed down into the rubber/silicone 90 that connectes to the turbo

·
Snail Powered
7,830 Posts
round gives you a better, more even clamping surface. the oval tb's clamp more on the outside edges of the tb than the top and bottom and can cause issues holding depending on how your coldside is done.

as mentioned before it is not as important to have the best flowing tb because you are not sucking air through but pushing it through.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
round gives you a better, more even clamping surface. the oval tb's clamp more on the outside edges of the tb than the top and bottom and can cause issues holding depending on how your coldside is done.

as mentioned before it is not as important to have the best flowing tb because you are not sucking air through but pushing it through.
Right now its got the BBK 65MM oval dual blade piece with the low profile sullivan 90 sqaure bore to ovel thats been polished. Im going to sell that and should have enough to pretty much just switch out without any out of pocket. Going to pull the ZEX nitros system and sell it along with the bottle heater and PSP plate and heater and led purge. Going to sell the Reichard AC delete and put the AC back. Removing the magnaflow cats, yes it has cats on it :).

Turbos are off and being brought to the shop for a check up and housing swap from .58 ar to .68

Going to have to stick with the Logs, just mod them to aim the flow and step up in size for less back pressure becuase there simply isnt enough room to do a shortie with merge.

·
Likes the corn brew
5,338 Posts
Right now its got the BBK 65MM oval dual blade piece with the low profile sullivan 90 sqaure bore to ovel thats been polished. Im going to sell that and should have enough to pretty much just switch out without any out of pocket. Going to pull the ZEX nitros system and sell it along with the bottle heater and PSP plate and heater and led purge. Going to sell the Reichard AC delete and put the AC back. Removing the magnaflow cats, yes it has cats on it :).

Turbos are off and being brought to the shop for a check up and housing swap from .58 ar to .68

Going to have to stick with the Logs, just mod them to aim the flow and step up in size for less back pressure becuase there simply isnt enough room to do a shortie with merge.
Who was the **** that put cats on it! :shocked003

Mine are a 3-into-1+1 design to make them as compact as possible, something like that may work well on yours without moving the turbos much.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Can you post a shot of the drivers side? Im worried about the sttering shaft. Those look good too. Need to print pics of both side and take them to the fab shop. It looks like the back pipe aims slightly down from the exhaust and the nest one slightly up with the 3rd being straight. Who did them? passenger side looks great :)

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
OMG didn't notice the cats??????

WTF???????

I checked the truck out last time I was in the shop. Its really a killer truck. Don't get too crazy on this stage. Get it on the road and re engineer next summer

1 - 20 of 23 Posts