Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
E85 POWERED L
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The whipple won I made 4 1/8 mile passes and on the 5th it let go blew fluid everywhere and quit pulling. My triple axle rated for 15000 pounds also broke 6 studs and my wheel and tire went into the great unknown on the way home. On a side note though those 4 passes were frekin awesome and it spun 1/2 of the track. I think when I get a new trans and get it too a good track it will do very well:bigtu

Reactions: Dash808

·
11 Second Club
15,087 Posts
Dammmmm!!! What times did it Run?

·
E85 POWERED L
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
7.37 spinning like mad, hot and humid as all get out and horrible track conditions. My track in my home town is an old air strip and rough as crap! I just wanted to do some testing before I go the 2 hours away to a good hooking track

·
E85 POWERED L
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wooooow it never ends huh?
Lol no Matt it never does but Im a trooper Il hang in there til it stays together or until I file bankruptcy lmao:smt023

·
11 Second Club
15,087 Posts
Shit you did a hell of a job testing.

·
E85 POWERED L
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guess BTS trans are not bullet proof! I hope the pay the shipping both ways on the warranty of the trans.
Brian is only 3 hours from me and if I know him like I think I do he will take care of it no problem. Now if I can just get him to take it out and put it back in lol

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts

·
E85 POWERED L
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
E85 POWERED L
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yep Jason was right hehe should have listened

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Figured FLHP proved this to everyone with how many tranny's he went through with his 3.4.
OMG no kidding.

Last pass ate a local built one.

Brian is the man. He had some new tricks to try and just finished another one for the silver truck. He stood behind the 2 we hurt and was excited to give it another try

The new BTS is sitting at the shop ready to go in.

The last pass did the same thing. Filled all the webbing and coated the underside of the truck. That was with a 3.75 upper and 6# lower. We saw 25 psi on the gauge.

·
E85 POWERED L
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OMG no kidding.

Last pass ate a local built one.

Brian is the man. He had some new tricks to try and just finished another one for the silver truck. He stood behind the 2 we hurt and was excited to give it another try

The new BTS is sitting at the shop ready to go in.

The last pass did the same thing. Filled all the webbing and coated the underside of the truck. That was with a 3.75 upper and 6# lower. We saw 25 psi on the gauge.
Yep Brian is a good guy and challenged me to break it guess I wont be letting him down lol. Im sure he will be able to get me back going and hopefully for a little bit longer this time:rockon_ford

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Yep Brian is a good guy and challenged me to break it guess I wont be letting him down lol. Im sure he will be able to get me back going and hopefully for a little bit longer this time:rockon_ford
Yea we are leaving nothing to chance everything from flexplate to conv will be new this time

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.