Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1999 lightning
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I’m new here, hello, and thanx for all and any input!! I’m putting together my 99 I bought brand new, it’s got 24k on the ticker. I blew out a cat on my bolt on motor and couldn’t find the problem, uhhh!!! Ended up ripping motor out and full build, anyhow I’m installed 3.2lc Keene bell, and I look for input on the cooling for the blower, I installed trick intercooler with bigger inlets, so we upped the hose size, ditched rails, moved battery to rear, and made water box the hole passenger apron in length, so I’m almost done with install, and it says to put t’s in cooler lines and the ones reduced to nothing to make a high pressure zone to feed it, get it, BUT Y, it kills all the flow of the system??? I’ve done as much reading as I can find, line size, all that stuff, the 5/8 to 3/4, and so on. My ? Is I guess is there a better alternative you guys are using, I see some stuff for gt500 stuff there hooking it to the engine cooling system??? I asked jlp, which I have purchased most everything from, much respect for all the help. But I just think this defeats the modified system. Was thinkin maybe second system?? Is the engine cooling system bad idea? Am I just overthinking all this? I have -16 lines plumbed end to end, I know hair big .825 but it was better fit than -12. Thanx for some input!!

·
Pilsung
372 Posts
You can plumb it on the IC side as long as it’s plumbed after the IC so any ice will melt prior going through the blower case. You also don’t want to have water pre-heating from the blower going into the IC. The Liquid Cool only cools the gear drive, not the entire blower, so it's not lowering IATs, it's just cooling the snout drive from overheating and wearing quicker.
Putting it thru the IC first allows the IC to warm the fluid up and pull the heat from the intake temps, then it's just warm water going into the blower for the snout cooling, then flows to the HX and tank to cool it off again before making a another cycle.

·
Registered
1999 lightning
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this how they show to hook it up, I don’t like it. LOL It kills the flow down to approximately 3/8” from 3/4” lines thru whole system with upgraded ic and hx, killing in my opinion the whole reason everything was upgraded. Like I stated I’ve read some people on gt500 plumbing to cooling system??? If so where and how?? I read Some stuff where people have said the cooling system runs to warm? I figured plenty of guys have been down this route already, but couldn’t find much reading. Anymore help appreciated

·
Registered
1999 lightning
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That’s -12. I ran -16, I ordered all -12 initially when it came the hose was smaller than the inlets on ic, went up a size the whole system. It seem like the rite choice was the-16 it fit best before returning the -12. So the arg restrictor Is different by complete flow? I see it for sale but not much info. And I’m at-16?

·
Registered
1999 lightning
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanx for the help, I’ll contact them. I been searching max gpm, on or setups, jabsco at 6.5 gpm or is more better, haven’t purchased a pump yet. I know there’s gotta be some dwell time wanted? Thanx again

·
Registered
1999 lightning
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe I misread the gum on the pumps, looks like the jabs o is 29 and some change, so I’m assuming more is better, I see some Davies pump rated a little higher? I did install the -16 more volume to push. Thanx late on the scene with a lot of this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts